[removed] custom service

Highlighted
Runner
Post 1 of 16

[removed] custom service

Tried in vain to get a response from sky to get an engineer.  2 hrs + on the phone. Any quick way of getting hold of them known

Moderator note: Circumventing profanity filter.

All Replies
Oracle
Oracle
Post 2 of 16

Re: [removed] custom service

@Dod04 wrote:

Tried in vain to get a response from sky to get an engineer.  2 hrs + on the phone. Any quick way of getting hold of them known

Patience and perseverance. Twitter and Facebook are also options to try.

Stuart R
I am responsible for the content, but not the way it is presented, I have some sight issues
Auto-Correct is my enemy.
If this is your first post - Welcome
Sky Q - full package

imagebam.com
Oracle
Post 3 of 16

@Dod04 wrote:

@Dod04 Hiya and welcome to the forums

As @SDR says is a busy time for Sky so unfortunately it may take a while to get through to them. If you are having a particular problem is it something the forums can help you with. If you let us know what the problem is we can see if we can help you with it

I may have an Oracle badge but i'm still just a customer

imagebam.com

imagebam.com

Sky Q 2 TB (Silver)Box, 2 Mini boxes since June 2016, Sky Q Hub, all connected by wifi
Sky Boxset, multiscreen/UHD, Sky Sports, Sky Cinema
Sky Fibre Unlimited, LG 49SJ 810 V UHD TV
Runner
Post 4 of 16

Re: [removed]custom service

Honestly would just rather get shot of Sky. Worst customer service ever & maybe they are busy but we pay for a service & it’s getting quite expensive so if they can handle the calls they need to sort it out at their end

First Assistant Director
Post 5 of 16

@Dod04 wrote:

Live chat works pretty well.

Sky Q 2TB V1 -- LG 55UH850V UHD TV -- 1 Mini
Runner
Post 6 of 16

Tried that too!!!!! No joy after explaining that I’d rather cancel my subscription, Sky got me through to the engineers who have made an appointment 04/01/19. So no TV for a while. Looks like Carol singing is on the cards. Does anyone have any idea of how to switch to BT on the cheap? Can’t be any worse than Sky

First Assistant Director
Post 7 of 16

@Dod04 wrote:

Tried that too!!!!! No joy after explaining that I’d rather cancel my subscription, Sky got me through to the engineers who have made an appointment 04/01/19. So no TV for a while. Looks like Carol singing is on the cards. Does anyone have any idea of how to switch to BT on the cheap? Can’t be any worse than Sky

BT is not cheap and not better. So you'd basically be downgrading. I suggest you call back and tell Sky you just need a box swap and to fit you in like now. That's what I would be doing.

Oracle
Post 8 of 16

Hi @JonW42 totally pointless as it cannot be done no,matter how loud you shout as Sky do not hold back any engineer slots all are booked, Best  thing @Dod04 can do is use the My Sky app or website and see if he can grab a cancellation. 

Strangely enough lots of people want their new TV systems at this time of year which when taken with recent storms blowing dishes around means both customer services and the engineers are extra busy. 

==========================

Oracles are customers and people too.
Executive Producer
Post 9 of 16

@Chrisee wrote:

Strangely enough lots of people want their new TV systems at this time of year which when taken with recent storms blowing dishes around means both customer services and the engineers are extra busy. 

But then that's exactly why Sky should make sure they have an adequate amount of staff to cover all requirements, surely? Perhaps I could accept the "extremely busy at this time of year" excuse if we didn't see this kind of complaint on here all year round. There is absoultely no reason why this customer should not be on the phone to Sky every day, perhaps twice a day - I know I would be. Unfortunately with this type of thing, unless you make a noise you get nowhere. Sky may be very bsy, but that is not by any stretch of the imagination the fault of the customer, and we should not have to put up with second rate service just because Sky are too tight to employ the correct amount of poeple.

First Assistant Director
Post 10 of 16

Thing is, how long does it take to do a box swap? Not long at all. So I don't ee why a box swap could not be fitted in.

Oracle
Post 11 of 16

@JonW42 wrote:

So I don't ee why a box swap could not be fitted in.

No, of course not. That's because you have no clue about the engineers' workloads or scheduling arrangements, any more than the rest of us customers do.

Oracle
Post 12 of 16

@JonW42 wrote:

Thing is, how long does it take to do a box swap? Not long at all. So I don't ee why a box swap could not be fitted in.

@JonW42 That may be true and in an ideal world Sky engineers would be sat about twiddling their thumbs waiting for a job but it's not an ideal world. We also do not know what system the op is running Sky Q or Sky HD and for that matter what the actual problem is.

May not need a box swap if HD then does the op want to pay for Sky to come out to do a box swap when they could possible get one themsrlves cheaper.

Posts ovLovLunknows that we have not been made aware of by the op

I may have an Oracle badge but i'm still just a customer

imagebam.com

imagebam.com

Sky Q 2 TB (Silver)Box, 2 Mini boxes since June 2016, Sky Q Hub, all connected by wifi
Sky Boxset, multiscreen/UHD, Sky Sports, Sky Cinema
Sky Fibre Unlimited, LG 49SJ 810 V UHD TV
Oracle
Post 13 of 16

@Pacco65 wrote:

@Chrisee wrote:

But then that's exactly why Sky should make sure they have an adequate amount of staff to cover all requirements, surely? Perhaps I could accept the "extremely busy at this time of year" excuse if we didn't see this kind of complaint on here all year round. There is absoultely no reason why this customer should not be on the phone to Sky every day, perhaps twice a day - I know I would be. Unfortunately with this type of thing, unless you make a noise you get nowhere. Sky may be very bsy, but that is not by any stretch of the imagination the fault of the customer, and we should not have to put up with second rate service just because Sky are too tight to employ the correct amount of poeple.

They either have a surplus of engineers for most of the year and can offer next day appointments all the time, or a lower number and sometimes have to deal with disappointed customers like this.

The former would be great, but at what extra cost? 

Runner
Post 14 of 16

To be honest, & I did mention it, if I were a new customer and wanted an engineer to set up the Sky experience pre-Christmas would they have said, “you’ll have to wait until January before we can start taking your money”. I think not. We live in the UK where let’s be honest (and I live in Aberdeen) we do get some weather situations we’d rather not have but paying over £130 a month then be told sorry no tv over the Christmas period is unfortunate isn’t good enough. Why would they not hire contractors over the winter period so assist with these issues and keep those who have been customers for many years content & serve those just joining Sky for the first time? 

Oracle
Post 15 of 16

How to make an official complaint

Annie I DO NOT work for sky!

When posting your issue could you please include ALL the steps you have gone through to try and fix the issue so that people do not have to waste time suggesting things you have already tried, also be as detailed as possible with the information you provide as there can never be too much, thanks