Your Sky Movies reviews and ratings

Runner
Post 46 of 54

Re: Your Sky Movies reviews and ratings

I was nervous about watching this as didn’t want to be disappointed by a scary film yet again. I wasn’t disappointed it was full of suspense and intrigue. Quite scary and pleased the writer/director won an Oscar -well deserved. 4/5

Community Manager
Post 47 of 54

@Parkingmad93 wrote:

This is a brilliant film. Must watch

Hi @Parkingmad93,

Which movie are you referring to?

Federica-C
Community Manager

Take a look at the latest exclusive Sky customer offers
Viewer
Post 48 of 54

@SDRwrote:

The Intern is five star gentle watch, starring Robert De Niro and Anne Hathaway who are both absolutely superb. Although not exactly a romcom it does fall broadly into that category and I did laugh out loud several times but possibly that's because I really understood what it's like to be old!

If I had been asked to name the director without knowing who it was I would have said the late and sadly missed Nora Ephron. So if you like her films you won't be disappointed in this lovely sweet film.

IMG_0086.JPG

Enjoyable film from De Niro & Hathaway. 

Executive Producer
Post 49 of 54

READY PLAYER ONE

Saw this on its premiere release date last Wednesday night on a huge screen in 3D & what a blast it was. The first 20 minutes were insane & showed that 3D isn't as dead as some people like to think. The whole film is Spielberg having as much fun as he can & passing that fun on to us. 

I read the book last year & really enjoyed it & knew then that Steven Spielberg was on directing duties, so looked forward to the film. He's said it's the third most difficult film he's ever made ( after Jaws & Schindler's List ) & took 3 years to complete it. In the time it has been in post-production he went on to make The Post which came out before RPO.

There's plenty of easter eggs to be looking out for in all the 1980's & onwards references, but a lot are blink-&-you'll-miss-them, so you may need to wait for the Blu-ray/DVD release for that. 

There are certainly differences between the book & the film ( aren't there always? ) but the author, Ernest Cline co-wrote the screenplay & was happy with any alterations made. Purists & geeks may not like it, but so what. My gf hadn't read the book & tbh, wasn't sure she was going to like the film, but she loved it, too.

I'm deliberately not writing a synopsis here, you can find that easily enough elsewhere. All I'm saying is go & see it on the biggest screen you can find & in 3D if you like that medium. 

By the way, if you like the really cool poster below, do an image search for Ready Player One posters for more remade film posters, they're very good & kinda fun.

readyplayerone-tributeposter-highres-backtothefuture-1520373882.jpg

Sky+HD 2TB STB - Samsung Q7 65" UHD HDR+ Smart TV - Samsung UBD-M7500 Ultra HD 4K Blu-ray Player HDR Advanced Smart - Samsung Sound+ HW-MS650 All in One Smart Soundbar - Samsung SWA-9000S Wireless Rear Speakers
Please see my Box Sets Expiry Dates List thread on the Entertainment board.
Executive Producer
Post 50 of 54

RAMPAGE

It may only be early Spring, but the Summer Blockbuster season has arrived early to our cinemas with Rampage, a monster of a movie in every way & it's great fun. It is directed by Brad Peyton who gave us San Andreas, which starred Dwayne Johnson who is also the star of Rampage, along with George, an albino gorilla. It is based on a video game, but don't let that put you off. 

It is decent enough setting up the story, but when all the creatures appear it ramps up quite a few levels & is pure mayhem from then on. There were three occasions when a creature roared & it wasn't only my seat that shook, the whole room shook. Great CGI work too.

I have to say I'm quite surprised how much I've enjoyed Dwayne Johnson's recent films, San Andreas, Jumanji: Welcome To The Jungle & now Rampage. Okay, they aren't likely to bother the Oscars, but he does know how to make a big, fun, popcorn movie where you don't have to think too much & can simply sit back & enjoy what's going on. So, if that's what you like to do now & again, Rampage is for you. I know I say this a lot, but this really does need to be seen on a big screen, so catch it now. 

rampage_ver2_xxlg.jpg 

Sky+HD 2TB STB - Samsung Q7 65" UHD HDR+ Smart TV - Samsung UBD-M7500 Ultra HD 4K Blu-ray Player HDR Advanced Smart - Samsung Sound+ HW-MS650 All in One Smart Soundbar - Samsung SWA-9000S Wireless Rear Speakers
Please see my Box Sets Expiry Dates List thread on the Entertainment board.
New Viewer
Post 51 of 54

I watched a recent release called Braven yesterday having seen it rated 4.5 stars by Sky - you are basically saying this is an excellent film but not quite one of the best ever made. Have you ever seen this film? It is truly appalling and definitely one of the worst films i have ever seen - you really need to change the rating if you want them to carry any credibility at all.

Oracle
Oracle
Post 52 of 54

@kasdjfbaiffhb wrote:

I watched a recent release called Braven yesterday having seen it rated 4.5 stars by Sky - you are basically saying this is an excellent film but not quite one of the best ever made. Have you ever seen this film? It is truly appalling and definitely one of the worst films i have ever seen - you really need to change the rating if you want them to carry any credibility at all.

Most films are subjective not a film I would watch but Rotten Tomatoes give it a 71% rating and Google users an 88%

Stuart R
I am responsible for the content, but not the way it is presented, I have some sight issues
Auto-Correct is my enemy.
If this is your first post - Welcome
Sky Q - full package

imagebam.com
Director
Post 53 of 54

GOODBYE CHRISTOPHER ROBIN

After leaving London for the English countryside, writer A.A. Milne starts to spin fanciful yarns about his son's growing collection of stuffed animals. These stories form the basis for "Winnie-the-Pooh" and "The House at Pooh Corner," published respectively in 1926 and 1928. Milne and his family soon become swept up in the instant success of the books, while the enchanting tales bring hope and comfort to the rest of postwar England.

This is currently running on Sky Cinema in SD/HD/UHD. I found this to be a very heartfelt story about A.A. Milne and his family. I give this a 5/5. It's well worth watching with the entire family.

Goodbye-CHristopher-Robin-Movie-2017.jpg

Sky Q 2TB V1 -- LG 55UH850V UHD TV -- 1 Mini
Highlighted
Viewer
Post 54 of 54

Re: The Predator

We were absolutely amazed at how bad The Predator was.  We have enjoyed most of the previous  films in the 'Predator'  franchise, but not this one.  In order for this type of film to succeed, the story has to be acted in a serious way so that  the viewer's sympathy is with 'the good guy' even if the story leaves a lot to be desired.  There is so much to criticise but we don't intend to do a full critique of the film here.  We could not believe how bad the script was and in common with most friends who have seen it, early on in the film realised we didn't care who lived and who died.  We couldn't bring ourselves to watch it to the end.  If it had already  passed into Sky Cinema as a premiere, it wouldn't have annoyed us so much, but we actually paid for it!

Recommended Threads
3 weeks ago 06:51 PM
Oracle 07-12-2018 07:45 PM
Oracle 12-09-2018 08:12 PM
Oracle 02-11-2018 08:27 PM
26-11-2018 07:34 AM