Discussion topic: Where has CNN news gone my box saying no signal for this channel ?

This message was authored by Arthur2019 This message was authored by: Arthur2019

Where has CNN news gone my box saying no signal for this channel ?

Has anyone else had problems. We can’t get CNN news

Best Answers
Arthur2019
Topic Author
This message was authored by Arthur2019 This message was authored by: Arthur2019 Answer

Re: Where has CNN news gone my box saying no signal for this channel ?

LukeinLondon we just turned ours off at the plug waited 20 seconds ish and now it’s back. Very strange but it worked 

View this Answer within the discussion

This discussion has been locked

Sorry, you can't reply to this discussion as it's been locked by our Community Managers.

All Replies

This message was authored by Mark39 This message was authored by: Mark39

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

Fine here, so not a broadcast issue. What exactly does the on screen error message say?

Arthur2019
Topic Author
This message was authored by Arthur2019 This message was authored by: Arthur2019

It’s fine now thanks I made him power it totally down and it’s come back 👍🏻

This message was authored by LukeinLondon This message was authored by: LukeinLondon

Also here, no cnn.  And it’s the ONLY channel I’m not getting which is very annoying as I watch it the most! Do we know why this happens occasionally &  affects only one channel CNN?

Arthur2019
Topic Author
This message was authored by Arthur2019 This message was authored by: Arthur2019 Answer

LukeinLondon we just turned ours off at the plug waited 20 seconds ish and now it’s back. Very strange but it worked 

This message was authored by Pindar This message was authored by: Pindar

Same, it's been out since lunchtime 07/08

This message was authored by caesarome This message was authored by: caesarome

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Pindar 

Have you followed the advice given an rebooted your Sky box ?

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If someone has helped you then please click on the LIKES button in their post.
If you need help please provide as much information as you can
This message was authored by Anonymous This message was authored by: Anonymous

My box says there's no signal when I change to that channel but works properly after waiting a few seconds.

This message was authored by ASW821 This message was authored by: ASW821

Same problem here and only on CNN. It's currently showing 50% signal strength when it should normally be 80-90%.

Sometimes when I switch to CNN it says "Your Sky+ HD box isn't getting a satellite signal" and other times it works OK.

This message was authored by xenon81 This message was authored by: xenon81

There was a technical change to the transponder which carries CNN HD yesterday but a reboot should resolve any problems.

@ASW821 wrote:

Same problem here and only on CNN. It's currently showing 50% signal strength when it should normally be 80-90%.

Sometimes when I switch to CNN it says "Your Sky+ HD box isn't getting a satellite signal" and other times it works OK.

In this case I would contact Sky if the problem persists and has been going on for a while, as an engineer visit may be required.

This message was authored by ASW821 This message was authored by: ASW821

I've performed a reboot and the problem still persists. CNN signal strength is still about 50% instead of about 90% as it was before. How can I possibly have a fault if this problem is only on one channel and also bearing in mind the others with similar problems since yesterday?

This message was authored by Paves This message was authored by: Paves

I’m having the same issue.  Whenever I change channel to CNN I get a ‘no satellite signal’ message for a few seconds and then I get the channel as normal.  I have turned off the power to the Sky box, and then back on again, but the issue still remains.  This only happens to CNN so far, as far as I know (I haven’t gone through every single channel that my box receives!).

This message was authored by Philipdilip This message was authored by: Philipdilip

Having the same problem keeps going blank then dispays no signal banner then comes back on

one thing i have noticed is the signal strengh is lower on that channel must eb a problem with sky

This message was authored by Philipdilip This message was authored by: Philipdilip

you tell em!! I have 2 recievers and it does it on both of them so how can it be a problem with sky recievers seems to me skys trying to get some moneys out of peeps by sending a enginear out when its got to be a fault with the cnn transponder

No point in rebooting your sky recievers folks its got to be a  problem at skys end after the technical change and then blaming it on customers sky recievers.

This discussion has been locked

Sorry, you can't reply to this discussion as it's been locked by our Community Managers.

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

New Discussion