The Good Doctor Season 2 UHD

Answered
Go to Answer
Director of Photography
Post 16 of 30

Re: The Good Doctor Season 2 UHD

I can confirm that The Good Doctor S02E01 is now available to download in UHD. Smiley Happy

Sky Q 2TB V1 -- LG 55UH850V UHD TV -- 1 Mini
Researcher
Post 17 of 30

It only seems to be available in UHD via catch up but no way that I can find to record or watch in real time in UHD. Is this the service I signed up for and pay extra for........... not as far as I can recall.

UHD service should be available as the programme is being transmitted not on a catch up basis 24 hrs after the fact, they can do it with Sprorts channels like the F1 channel so why not with others, was hoping that the GD would be viewable this way as well as Blue Bloods when i makes its welcome return. Surely this and many other channels and progs should have a dedicated UHD channel to allow such viewing or have Sky done this whole thing in a half ar*ed manner as seems to be more and more the norm?

Director of Photography
Post 18 of 30

@Stevenh wrote:

It only seems to be available in UHD via catch up but no way that I can find to record or watch in real time in UHD. Is this the service I signed up for and pay extra for........... not as far as I can recall.

UHD service should be available as the programme is being transmitted not on a catch up basis 24 hrs after the fact, they can do it with Sprorts channels like the F1 channel so why not with others, was hoping that the GD would be viewable this way as well as Blue Bloods when i makes its welcome return. Surely this and many other channels and progs should have a dedicated UHD channel to allow such viewing or have Sky done this whole thing in a half ar*ed manner as seems to be more and more the norm?

This is what you signed up for..

The Giood Doctor in UHD is available to download in UHD just after it's aired. You do not have to wait 24 hours to download the UHD version from Catch Up. I started downloading Tuesday's episodes about 10 minutes after it aired.

Sound Supervisor
Post 19 of 30

I kept looking to download the UHD version every 10 minutes while it aired and it was not until about 90 minutes after it finished did it appear. It must be different parts of the country get it at different times. Surely it could be scheduled like F1 so it can be timed to record!

Director of Photography
Post 20 of 30

@Oyodi wrote:

I kept looking to download the UHD version every 10 minutes while it aired and it was not until about 90 minutes after it finished did it appear. It must be different parts of the country get it at different times. Surely it could be scheduled like F1 so it can be timed to record!

Don't look while it airs. Look after it's done. And when you find it on Catch Up/On Demand, if you don't see it showing as UHD, go to Other Formats and UHD will be there. The new Q080 firmware has a bug where it doesn't always show a program on Catch Up as UHD if the box is set to 1080i.
Oracle
Post 21 of 30

@JonW42 wrote:

@Oyodi wrote:

Don't look while it airs. Look after it's done. And when you find it on Catch Up/On Demand, if you don't see it showing as UHD, go to Other Formats and UHD will be there. The new Q080 firmware has a bug where it doesn't always show a program on Catch Up as UHD if the box is set to 1080i.

That's not a bug and it was there in Q07 as well. 

My Opinions Are My Own And Do Not Reflect Those Of Sky.

imagebam.com
Director of Photography
Post 22 of 30

@Dazzasky wrote:

@JonW42 wrote:

@Oyodi wrote:

That's not a bug and it was there in Q07 as well. 

If this was in Q071, why was it I didn't see it until Q080? Also, The Preference On demand default download format is set to UHD and that's not being respected correctly. Just because I'm set to 1080i, does not man I should nt be seeing UHD when available.

Sound Supervisor
Post 23 of 30

The good doctor episode 9 is still not available in UHD 48 hours later on my sky q box. Has anyone else got it?

Highlighted
Oracle
Post 24 of 30

@Oyodi wrote:

The good doctor episode 9 is still not available in UHD 48 hours later on my sky q box. Has anyone else got it?

Hi @Oyodi It is available now.

imagebam.com
Sound Supervisor
Post 25 of 30

Yes, but it only downloaded 31minutes!

Only 4.0GB

Should be around 5.5gb as previous episodes 

Oracle
Post 26 of 30

@Oyodi wrote:

Yes, but it only downloaded 31minutes!

Only 4.0GB

Should be around 5.5gb as previous episodes 

Oh dear, delete it and try again. 

imagebam.com
Sound Supervisor
Post 27 of 30

There's only 31minutes on the server it actually says 4gb

There should be approx 5.5gb on the server

Boom Operator
Post 28 of 30

Still not available ridiculous 

Oracle
Post 29 of 30