The BOX SETS EXPIRY DATES LIST is back!

Executive Producer
Post 1 of 15

The BOX SETS EXPIRY DATES LIST is back!

The Box Sets Expiry Dates List

Due to a post by @bigsmile01 I thought I would reintroduce the Box Sets Expiry Dates list, but in a new way that makes it easier for me to maintain.

I will provide a list of Box Sets from the Featured page only that are due to expire within the next 3 months. The first post will cover from July 1st to September 30th. 

I have Sky+HD, so all my information is taken from there, but the dates given should be okay for Sky Q users too. Dates are for HD downloads unless the series is SD only. 

This time I won't be saying if the Box Set has a Deletion Date after you have downloaded it. A Deletion Date is different from an Expiry Date, but more often than not, there isn't a Deletion Date.

How do you find out if there is one?

Whilst downloading or after it is has finished:

1. Go to your Planner
  2. Highlight the show & press i  ( info ) on your remote.
  3. At the top of the screen, you will see information about the download & this is where a Deletion Date will be, if applicable. 

If it doesn't have a Deletion Date then you can keep the Box Set for as long as you wish & can delete it in your own time.

If it does have a Deletion Date then it will be deleted from your Planner on that date.

Generally, a Deletion Date will be the same as the Expiry Date, different from the Expiry Date or will be 1 year from the download date. With Sky Q, I believe you have a 30-day notice for when a Box Set is due to expire.

Sky+HD 2TB STB - 46" 3DLEDHDTV - 3D Blu ray player/HCS.
Please see my Box Sets Expiry Dates List thread on the Entertainment board.
All Replies
Executive Producer
Post 2 of 15

Re: BOX SETS EXPIRY DATES RETURNS - ALL NEW FORMAT

JULY 1st  -  SEPTEMBER 30th

TITLE                                                                             EXPIRY DATE

DAMNED S1                                                                                    1/7

THE ORVILLE S1                                                                          26/7

THE GIFTED S1                                                                            26/7

CARTER S1                                                                                    31/7

INSIDE AMY SCHUMER S1 - 4                                                 1/8

SCRUBS S1 - 9                                                                              11/8

ATLANTA S1                                                                                  12/8

LIFELINE S1                                                                                   15/8

THE LEFTOVERS S1                                                                   28/8

HOUSE S1 - 8                                                                               29/8

GAME OF THRONES S1 - 6                                                     31/8

ELECTRIC DREAMS S1                                                              31/8

HUMANS S1 & 2                                                                          6/9

THIS IS ENGLAND S1 - 3                                                           7/9

FALSE FLAG S1                                                                            13/9

DAMNED S2                                                                                 13/9

THE BLETCHLEY CIRCLE S1 & 2                                            14/9

UNFORGOTTEN S1 & 2                                                            18/9

THE SOPRANOS S1 - 6                                                             22/9

THE NIGHT OF S1                                                                       24/9

SHADES OF BLUE S1 & 2                                                         24/9

BENIDORM S1 - 10                                                                     30/9

MARCELLA S1 & 2                                                                      30/9

ENDEAVOUR S1 - 5                                                                   30/9

Executive Producer
Post 3 of 15

Re: BOX SETS EXPIRY DATES is back!

For clarification of Deletion Dates & what they look like, here are 2 pictures below.

1) The first one shows the Box Set for Kiss Me First which does have a Deletion Date (circled in red).

Screenshot 2018-06-29 at 17.54.23.png

2) The second one shows the Box Set for Game Of Thrones which does not have a Deletion Date.

Screenshot 2018-06-29 at 17.55.26.png

Camera Assistant
Post 4 of 15

Thank you for your list. Q is awful at exiry/deletion dates.

Sky Q 2TB V1 -- LG 55UH850V UHD TV -- 1 Mini
Executive Producer
Post 5 of 15

THE ORVILLE S1                                                                          26/7

THE GIFTED S1                                                                            26/7

CARTER S1                                                                                    31/7

progressive-property-investment-3-weeks-to-go.jpg

Executive Producer
Post 6 of 15

If you need more help with Expiry Dates & Deletion Dates for Sky+ & Sky Q, please take a look at this blog which includes a video.

Executive Producer
Post 7 of 15

Try this for a laugh- go into box sets featured tab, open Games of Thrones and download S1 ep1 (or any random one), then go into planner and delete it but leave in the Deleted section.

Now go back into box sets, select the same entry and check the box set expiry date.

Can even get it to show a deletion date if you use search to find that episode, even though it doesn't have a deletion date.

Executive Producer
Post 8 of 15

TITLE                                                              EXPIRY DATE

THE HEART GUY S1 & 2                                                      31/7

BOARDWALK EMPIRE S5                                                   12/9

Note: Boardwalk Empire S1 - 4 have an Expiry Date of 5/1/19. If you wish to binge this, I suggest you download S5 before 12/9/18 as long as you have the space on your box. S5 does not have a Deletion Date.

Camera Assistant
Post 9 of 15

@merv60 wrote:

TITLE                                                              EXPIRY DATE

THE HEART GUY S1 & 2                                                      31/7

BOARDWALK EMPIRE S5                                                   12/9

Note: Boardwalk Empire S1 - 4 have an Expiry Date of 5/1/19. If you wish to binge this, I suggest you download S5 before 12/9/18 as long as you have the space on your box. S5 does not have a Deletion Date.

Why would the finale season of Boardwalk Empire expire sooner then all the others? It's not like the final season is on Catch Up and the rest on Box Sets.

Executive Producer
Post 10 of 15

@JonW42 This happens more often than you'd probably think. I know it's odd but as with all Box Sets, it's down to rights issues & how long Sky can have the rights for each individual season. It's quite possible that on the 12th September the date for S5 will be renewed & will be the same as S1 -4. I've seen that happen many times, but it's not guaranteed. 

Executive Producer
Post 11 of 15

download.png

Executive Producer
Post 12 of 15

THE HEART GUY S1 & 2                                                           31/7

Only A Few Days Left!.png

Camera Assistant
Post 13 of 15

@merv60 wrote:

THE HEART GUY S1 & 2                                                           31/7

Only A Few Days Left!.png

Can you please forgo the graphic? I see your message before the graphic shows and the first time I had to wait to see what it was. You can use a large bold colored font instead of the graphic. Thanks.

Executive Producer
Post 14 of 15

It's my thread & I will continue to use graphics.

Executive Producer
Post 15 of 15

TITLE                                                              EXPIRY DATE

STARGATE SG-1  S1- 10                                                6/9/18