Sky F1 coverage now very, very poor...

Sound Supervisor
Post 1 of 6

Sky F1 coverage now very, very poor...

I have been watching F1 on Sky since they started some years ago broadcasting it. In the 'old days', I use to be able to access about 8 different camera angles incluudin the pit lane, and in cockpit drivers cars, and an overview screen map of all cars progress, now, all we get is one single camera of whatever the producer thinks we want. This applies to TV as well as online. I suppose it's like Concorde, use to be cutting edge, but now defunct - shame though, it use to be really good.

All Replies
Oracle
Oracle
Post 2 of 6

Re: Sky F1 coverage now very, very poor...

Have to disagree F1 in UHD is fabulous and that’s cutting edge technology

Stuart R
I am responsible for the content, but not the way it is presented, I have some sight issues
Auto-Correct is my enemy.
If this is your first post - Welcome
Sky Q - full package
Sound Supervisor
Post 3 of 6

@SDR wrote:

Have to disagree F1 in UHD is fabulous and that’s cutting edge technology

I'm not talking about the number of pixels you get on every square inch of your screen, but something far more importanbt - the actual content! 'Cutting edge technology' for me was the ability to swap, under my own steam, between 8 different cameras. The number of pixels to me is an irrelevance...

Oracle
Post 4 of 6

Sky Q offers a choice of cameras via the red button - I assume Sky+HD still  does too?

Sound Supervisor
Post 5 of 6

Unfortunately, you assume incorrectly, I have Sky+ HD, and nothing, just whatever is on screen is what you watch... (though it use to have a 'red' button option)

Oracle
Post 6 of 6

@StephenSky wrote:

Unfortunately, you assume incorrectly, I have Sky+ HD, and nothing, just whatever is on screen is what you watch... (though it use to have a 'red' button option)

Strange. I'm sure Sky+HD should still have it. Might be worth restarting the box before the next race - I used to have to do that to get interactive working on mine.

Recommended Threads
11-04-2018 05:39 PM
27-04-2018 01:07 PM
18-03-2018 02:25 PM
02-04-2018 11:08 PM
24-04-2018 08:32 PM