Seal Team S2

This topic has been answered
Go to Answer
Highlighted
Researcher
Post 1 of 25

Seal Team S2

Does anyone know when SEAL team is returning, last episode I saw was Season 2 episode 9, I'm assuming they are on mid season break but can't find any information about it.

Watching is life
Answer

Best Answers
Answer
Oracle
Post 2 of 25

Re: Seal Team S2

There is no known date yet for it's return but you are correct in that it is on a mid series break. You can set yourself up an email alert here:

http://epgservices.sky.com/nevermiss/

__________________________________________________________________________________________.

If someone has helped you then please click on the LIKES button in their post.
I do not work for Sky.
All Replies
Answer
Oracle
Post 2 of 25

There is no known date yet for it's return but you are correct in that it is on a mid series break. You can set yourself up an email alert here:

http://epgservices.sky.com/nevermiss/

__________________________________________________________________________________________.

If someone has helped you then please click on the LIKES button in their post.
I do not work for Sky.
Runner
Post 3 of 25

Researcher
Post 4 of 25

It is very annoying that Sky TV schedulers dictate when you can watch a series in its entirety and when they want to impose a series break! Their couterparts at CBS, where the show originated, are currently showing all episodes of season 2. I think Sky could and should learn a lesson from them.

Producer
Post 5 of 25

@daviddfc wrote:

It is very annoying that Sky TV schedulers dictate when you can watch a series in its entirety and when they want to impose a series break! Their couterparts at CBS, where the show originated, are currently showing all episodes of season 2. I think Sky could and should learn a lesson from them.

There are a number of factors involved. There's the availability of a time slot to run the program, when a deal has been made to buy the program, when the previous season was run, and others. It's not a straight forward "It's on in the US so it should be on at the exact same time". Not all shows work that way. And then we get the issue of not even knowing if the next season will be shown. It depends on the ratings. I do think season 2 will be shown eventually. But, from season 1, we got it in UHD where the US got it in just HD. So we got it better.
Sky Q 2TB V1 -- LG 55UH850V UHD TV -- 1 Mini
Researcher
Post 6 of 25

@JonW42 wrote:

@daviddfc wrote:

There are a number of factors involved. There's the availability of a time slot to run the program, when a deal has been made to buy the program, when the previous season was run, and others. It's not a straight forward "It's on in the US so it should be on at the exact same time". Not all shows work that way. And then we get the issue of not even knowing if the next season will be shown. It depends on the ratings. I do think season 2 will be shown eventually. But, from season 1, we got it in UHD where the US got it in just HD. So we got it better.

The factor of whether or not the season will be shown is already answered as we are half way through season 2 already, as for the UHD, HD upgrade, id rather be given the show when it airs in HD than months later in a slightly prettier skin

Watching is life
Producer
Post 7 of 25

@Surfnes wrote:

@JonW42 wrote:

@daviddfc wrote:

The factor of whether or not the season will be shown is already answered as we are half way through season 2 already, as for the UHD, HD upgrade, id rather be given the show when it airs in HD than months later in a slightly prettier skin

You don't have to wait. Seal Team season 2 is already available in UHD. It's available in UHD while it's airing or just after. So you can enjoy it in higher resolution/cleaerer picture then you get from HD the same day it's broadcast. No need to wait for it.

Researcher
Post 8 of 25

As you seem to be aware of the many factors involved in this issue. I would love to know which factor has prompted this mid season break, if any exist that is.

I am convinced that this is merely a commercial decision made for the benefit of Sky, and to the detriment  of the Sky viewer.

Producer
Post 9 of 25

@daviddfc wrote:

As you seem to be aware of the many factors involved in this issue. I would love to know which factor has prompted this mid season break, if any exist that is.

I am convinced that this is merely a commercial decision made for the benefit of Sky, and to the detriment  of the Sky viewer.

It's not for the benefit of Sky.It's the way it's done in the US and given that this is a US show, it cannot be done any other way.
Researcher
Post 10 of 25

If, to use your words, "it cannot be done any other way". Then why are we not able to view episodes 10 onwards, as they are currently doing on CBS. Your argument does not exist. I reiterate, it is purely a Sky commercial decision to insert a mid-season break, for their own benefit

Oracle
Post 11 of 25

@daviddfc wrote:

If, to use your words, "it cannot be done any other way". Then why are we not able to view episodes 10 onwards, as they are currently doing on CBS. Your argument does not exist. I reiterate, it is purely a Sky commercial decision to insert a mid-season break, for their own benefit

@daviddfc I'm afraid you are wrong and @JonW42 is correct if you look here it shows you the dates season 2 episodes were aired on CBS in America it clearly shows episode 8 of series 2 being aired on 21/11/2018 episode 9 aired 05/12/2018 so there was a 2 week break in America. As CBS supply Sky with Seal Team and they supply it a few weeks after it has aired in America then obviously there will be the same break that America has. 

This is standard for most American series currently this is happening with Blindspot. 

I may have an Oracle badge but i'm still just a customer

imagebam.com

imagebam.com

Sky Q 2 TB (Silver)Box, 2 Mini boxes since June 2016, Sky Q Hub, all connected by wifi
Sky Boxset, multiscreen/UHD, Sky Sports, Sky Cinema
Sky Fibre Unlimited, LG 49SJ 810 V UHD TV
Researcher
Post 12 of 25

I love a good friendly debate, but I would advise you to check your facts before you label someone as being wrong or right.

CBS had a break in the series of 2 weeks over the Christmas period, December 12 - January 2.

Sky last aired the programme on December 18. As it stands that is a 3 week break, and as it is not scheduled to re-start next week, that will be 4 weeks. and at present there is no indication as to when it will return.

So therefore I am right in stating it is a Sky imposed break of series and not one that has been dictated by CBS.

Game, set and math!?

Producer
Post 13 of 25

@daviddfc wrote:

I love a good friendly debate, but I would advise you to check your facts before you label someone as being wrong or right.

CBS had a break in the series of 2 weeks over the Christmas period, December 12 - January 2.

Sky last aired the programme on December 18. As it stands that is a 3 week break, and as it is not scheduled to re-start next week, that will be 4 weeks. and at present there is no indication as to when it will return.

So therefore I am right in stating it is a Sky imposed break of series and not one that has been dictated by CBS.

Game, set and math!?

Season 2 started in the US on October 3rd. In the UK, the start date was October 23rd. So going by your logic, it would not come back from hiatus until January 31.

Oracle
Post 14 of 25

@daviddfc wrote:

Game, set and math!?

@daviddfc I apologise there was actually a 2 week break and a 3 week break if you checked the link I put in my previous post I missed the second break of 3 weeks  so in the US it came back on the 5th December and 12 December from a 2 week break then went of air until 2nd of January

Not quite game set and match 😀😉😉

I may have an Oracle badge but i'm still just a customer

imagebam.com

imagebam.com

Sky Q 2 TB (Silver)Box, 2 Mini boxes since June 2016, Sky Q Hub, all connected by wifi
Sky Boxset, multiscreen/UHD, Sky Sports, Sky Cinema
Sky Fibre Unlimited, LG 49SJ 810 V UHD TV
Producer
Post 15 of 25

@Laing1 wrote:

@daviddfc wrote:

Game, set and math!?

@daviddfc I apologise there was actually a 2 week break and a 3 week break if you checked the link I put in my previous post I missed the second break of 3 weeks  so in the US it came back on the 5th December and 12 December from a 2 week break then went of air until 2nd of January

Not quite game set and match 😀😉😉

So given all the dates and whatnot, season 2b most likely won't be back until sometime in February.
Recommended Threads