SKY TV

Answered
Go to Answer
Highlighted
Researcher
Post 1 of 17

SKY TV

I HAVE JUST RECEIVED A MESSAGE ON MY TV SCREEN SAYING SKY.COM/BOXSWAP - WHAT DOES THAT MEAN

Answer

Best Answers
Answer
Oracle
Post 2 of 17

Re: SKY TV

If you go to the website mentioned on your screen which is this one:

https://secure.sky.com/promotions/offers/sky-box-swap/offer

You can see that Sky want to give you a free box as a replacement to the one you are currently using which is no longer supported by them with software updates. 

__________________________________________________________________________________________.

If someone has helped you then please click on the LIKES button in their post.
I do not work for Sky.
All Replies
Answer
Oracle
Post 2 of 17

If you go to the website mentioned on your screen which is this one:

https://secure.sky.com/promotions/offers/sky-box-swap/offer

You can see that Sky want to give you a free box as a replacement to the one you are currently using which is no longer supported by them with software updates. 

__________________________________________________________________________________________.

I do not work for Sky.
Researcher
Post 3 of 17

Thank you for your answer - it was very helpful.

Runner
Post 4 of 17

Re: I HAVE JUST RECEIVED A MESSAGE ON MY TV SCREEN SAYING SKY.COM/BOXSWAP NOW - what does this mean

I have just received a message on my tv screen saying sky.com/boxswapnow,  what does this mean

Executive Producer
Post 5 of 17

Re: I HAVE JUST RECEIVED A MESSAGE ON MY TV SCREEN SAYING SKY.COM/BOXSWAP NOW - what does this mean

@Angusandrew1 wrote:

I have just received a message on my tv screen saying sky.com/boxswapnow,  what does this mean

Have you had a look at the link in the post marked as the solution?

First Assistant Director
Post 6 of 17

@Angusandrew1 wrote:

It's Sky's way of trying to give people on Sky+ boxes a free upgrade to Sky+HD in order to try to do away with SD only boxes.

Sky Q 2TB V1 -- LG 55UH850V UHD TV -- 1 Mini
Runner
Post 7 of 17

Another customer who's had the message flashing up all day here too Smiley Happy

Have followed all the steps to get to the upgrade offer and it states "Sorry, unable to process your order - phone us".

Now I'm not that particularly bothered about upgrading, anyway - My set-up does what i want/need without all the bells & whistles. But if I dont follow thru with the upgrade am I going to be stuck with this pop-up message every few hours ??

Oracle
Post 8 of 17

@badbear24 wrote:

But if I dont follow thru with the upgrade am I going to be stuck with this pop-up message every few hours ??

The box you have is no longer supported by Sky so will not receive updates anymore but if you are happy with it then it is up to you if you upgrade or not. Not sure on the onscreen message though.

I do not work for Sky.
First Assistant Director
Post 9 of 17

@KATE+G wrote:

I HAVE JUST RECEIVED A MESSAGE ON MY TV SCREEN SAYING SKY.COM/BOXSWAP - WHAT DOES THAT MEAN

If it was me, I'd go for the free upgrade as SD is not very nice and I'll take HD where I can get it.

Runner
Post 10 of 17

Hi,

I had this message too. Looked up web address given and tried to order free box. Then had message saying that it can't be done online and to phone a number. Contacted sky and NO ONE knew anything about this offer. Spoke to al least 6 people who were all clueless (as usual). In fact one tried to use it as an opportunity to sell something else. Is this just a con by sky to get you to call and then flog you something? I even tried to explain about the onscreen message and website. One customer agent said it must be a fault. Sky will be getting an official complaint...

Runner
Post 11 of 17

Yep, same message popping up on my screen and unavailable to complete online. It’s probably too late to call them now, but will try tomorrow. See if they try to fob me off too

Runner
Post 12 of 17

recieved message on tv screen saying sky.com/boxswap

Oracle
Post 13 of 17

@flycatcher

Have you looked at the link as it will take you to here

:https://secure.sky.com/promotions/offers/sky-box-swap/offer

I do not work for Sky.
Runner
Post 14 of 17

Caesarome - yes I have tried the link but was unable to place an online request and got a message asking to call a number which i also did. You just get a sky telephone call center where NO ONE is aware of this offer. I have sent a complaint to Sky about my experience.

First Assistant Director
Post 15 of 17

@BigAl46 wrote:

Caesarome - yes I have tried the link but was unable to place an online request and got a message asking to call a number which i also did. You just get a sky telephone call center where NO ONE is aware of this offer. I have sent a complaint to Sky about my experience.

Call the number again and if you do get someone who is not aware of the offer, give that person the URL and tell that person to have a look while you are on the phone.
Recommended Threads
15-12-2018 07:32 PM
09-08-2018 07:47 PM
07-12-2018 07:18 PM
13-10-2018 08:54 AM
29-11-2018 09:29 AM