Madam Secretary S4 returns 5 April

Community Manager
Post 1 of 16

Madam Secretary S4 returns 5 April

madam-secretary-cast-16x9-a9d59b4.jpg

Returns Thursday 5 April | Sky Living

The mid-season break is over. Smiley Happy

Téa Leoni returns as Elizabeth McCord - Secretary of State in the second part of Season 4. If there's a political situation overseas, she's the one to step in and solve the problem...

Catch up with Madam Secretary S1-4a On Demand

Here's a preview of Season 4 episode 13...

What do you like the most about Madam Secretary?

Federica-C
Community Manager

Take a look at the latest exclusive Sky customer offers
All Replies
Executive Producer
Post 2 of 16

Re: Madam Secretary S4 returns 5 April

Hi @Federica-C

Madam Secretary S4 Episode 13 is back Thursday 5th April at 9pm on Sky Living as you’ve mentioned my Issue is that my Sky+ HD box hasn’t scheduled this since the mid season break when the last episode aired on Thursday 8th February with episode 12, i have raised this with VR however I’m not sure if they will get to the email before tonight’s airing of the episode meaning customers will miss out on the returning mid season break episode Smiley Sad

Regards,
Robbie-SkyHD
Sky Community Forum Oracle 2016 & 2017

Sky+HD with DRX895W & DRX895WL, Entertainment, Box Sets, SkyHD, Sky Sports HD and Cinema HD, Multiroom, iPad Air 2 , iPhone 7 Plus, Apple TV 4K, iOS Public BETA Tester, Sky's Product BETA Tester
Executive Producer
Post 3 of 16

Not good Smiley Sad this never scheduled to record after the mid season break which i was surprised tbh i thought it would, however on the day of the airing it still wasn't scheduled so i wasnt optimisitc at all Smiley Sad

Regards,

Robbie-SkyHD
Sky Community Forum Oracle 2016 & 2017

Sky+HD with DRX895W & DRX895WL, Entertainment, Box Sets, SkyHD, Sky Sports HD and Cinema HD, Multiroom, iPad Air 2 , iPhone 7 Plus, Apple TV 4K, iOS Public BETA Tester, Sky's Product BETA Tester
Researcher
Post 4 of 16

It is now only start of July 2018 and series 4 has disappeared overnight!

Had just finished series 3 and started series 4.

why has it been removed and when will it be available to watch again???

Oracle
Post 5 of 16

All Boxsets are only available for a certain period of time so did you check the expiry date, if not this link explains how to do it:

http://helpforum.sky.com/t5/How-to/How-to-find-an-expiry-date/ba-p/2813713

If you didn't then on Sky Q you get a 30 days countdown and on Sky+ you can see when they are going to be removed anytime as per this:

http://helpforum.sky.com/t5/On-Demand/box-sets/m-p/2863499/highlight/true#M78118

Most of the time if you download the content you can view them from your planner/recordings section even if they are no longer to download anymore.

__________________________________________________________________________________________.

If someone has helped you then please click on the LIKES button in their post.
I do not work for Sky.
Executive Producer
Post 6 of 16

@Jandy37 wrote:

It is now only start of July 2018 and series 4 has disappeared overnight!

Had just finished series 3 and started series 4.

why has it been removed and when will it be available to watch again???

@Jandy37 I already answered your question in great detail here.

Sky+HD 2TB STB - Samsung Q7 65" UHD HDR+ Smart TV - Samsung UBD-M7500 Ultra HD 4K Blu-ray Player HDR Advanced Smart - Samsung Sound+ HW-MS650 All in One Smart Soundbar - Samsung SWA-9000S Wireless Rear Speakers
Please see my Box Sets Expiry Dates List thread on the Entertainment board.
Director of Photography
Post 7 of 16

Season 4 was never on Box Sets. It was on Catch Up. If season 4 was downloaded while it was on Catch Up, there would have been more time to watch it.

Sky Q 2TB V1 -- LG 55UH850V UHD TV -- 1 Mini
Researcher
Post 8 of 16

Sorry JonW, it was definitely on the box set as don’t do catch up.

Executive Producer
Post 9 of 16

How does a box set have a mid-season break? Smiley Indifferent

Oracle
Post 10 of 16

@Jandy37 wrote:

Sorry JonW, it was definitely on the box set as don’t do catch up.

Hi @Jandy37 Nope, it was not on boxsets. Whilst it was airing on tv it was on catch-up. It may have shown up in boxsets but only as part of the catch-up service. When you start viewing a series it's best to check to see If there are any expiry dates in the synopsis. 

My Opinions Are My Own And Do Not Reflect Those Of Sky.

imagebam.com
Researcher
Post 11 of 16

So catch up isn’t always on catch up, catch up is sometimes on box sets, but is not easily differentiated from the box sets, and the full box set is not always available, although it has all been shown on Sky previously. Not complicated at all.

Bit of a joke, think I’ll switch to Netflix

Executive Producer
Post 12 of 16

Yeah Sky don't make it easy when they chuck catchup in box sets.

Perfect example is Legion series 2. Quite happily sat in the box sets section but it's actually catchup.

Director of Photography
Post 13 of 16

@Jandy37 wrote:

So catch up isn’t always on catch up, catch up is sometimes on box sets, but is not easily differentiated from the box sets, and the full box set is not always available, although it has all been shown on Sky previously. Not complicated at all.

When you search for a program, you see sometimes as part of the result, On Demoand. There you see what's available to download. It includes both Box Sets and Catch Up. So you can then see Seasons 1-4 looking like they belong together when only 1-3 are Box Sets and 4 is Catch Up. As has been said, you have to check if there is any expiry date for each season. If there is and it's before you'll finish watching, download the entire season(s) and check the downloads for an expiration date. If you have Q, you have more then a month but how much more is unknown. If you have +HD, you can see when the downloads expire. If you have Q, you can use th Sky+ app to check the expiration date(s).. You cannot use the Sky+ app to check downloaded expiration dates on Q. Q only shows an expiration date if it's due to expire 30 days or less.

Sky Q 2TB V1 -- LG 55UH850V UHD TV -- 1 Mini
Executive Producer
Post 14 of 16

@JonW42 wrote:

@Jandy37 wrote:

When you search for a program, you see sometimes as part of the result, On Demoand. There you see what's available to download. It includes both Box Sets and Catch Up. So you can then see Seasons 1-4 looking like they belong together when only 1-3 are Box Sets and 4 is Catch Up. As has been said, you have to check if there is any expiry date for each season. If there is and it's before you'll finish watching, download the entire season(s) and check the downloads for an expiration date. If you have Q, you have more then a month but how much more is unknown. If you have +HD, you can see when the downloads expire. If you have Q, you can use th Sky+ app to check the expiration date(s).. You cannot use the Sky+ app to check downloaded expiration dates on Q. Q only shows an expiration date if it's due to expire 30 days or less.

And we wonder why @Jandy37 is confused. 

Sky+HD 2TB STB - Samsung Q7 65" UHD HDR+ Smart TV - Samsung UBD-M7500 Ultra HD 4K Blu-ray Player HDR Advanced Smart - Samsung Sound+ HW-MS650 All in One Smart Soundbar - Samsung SWA-9000S Wireless Rear Speakers
Please see my Box Sets Expiry Dates List thread on the Entertainment board.
New Viewer
Post 15 of 16

Hi,

I have literally just got round to watching S4. The recording didn’t continue as it usually does past the mid season break 😡 so I’m left at Ep12 😩

Season 4 is not anywhere on Sky? Why? Where can I get it from? Are there any plans to repeat it?