If I were to cancel Sky...

Camera Assistant
Post 1 of 3

If I were to cancel Sky...

From experience do you think there would be any lee-way on early termination charges? The fact of the matter is the service is not fit for purpose for me.

I watch the majority of my content on my iPad in my bed, as I have a hearing impairment it means I need subtitles. Nothing on the iPad comes with subtitles so I just watch Amazon & Netflix instead.

I'm pretty sure the answer is I'd have to pay a hefty early termination charge - but just wondering if anybody had any insight into this.

If I had known about the lack of subtitles I would not have signed up to Sky - I tried to do my due diligence as best I could but for some stupid reason assumed there would be subtitles (if Amazon & Netflix do it, of course Sky will I said to myself...)

I was going to ask this question on live chat, but I can't even figure out where live chat is.

Thanks

---------------------------------------
Sky Q from October 2018, 2TB Box (connected via ethernet), Multiscreen UHD, Entertainment, Cinema, HD, Box Sets, Kids, Talk Talk Faster Fibre Speed Boost (55mbps), LG OLED55E6V, iPhone XS Max, iPad Pro
All Replies
Oracle
Post 2 of 3

Re: If I were to cancel Sky...

O one here will be able to answer that, your best bet is to phone sky and ask

Annie I DO NOT work for sky!

When posting your issue could you please include ALL the steps you have gone through to try and fix the issue so that people do not have to waste time suggesting things you have already tried, also be as detailed as possible with the information you provide as there can never be too much, thanks

Camera Assistant
Post 3 of 3

Re: If I were to cancel Sky...

Yeah I'll give them a ring tomorrow - just tried now but it's only open until 8pm.

It's so annoying seeing all these cool movies & TV shows popping up on the 'featured' tab but not being able to watch them Smiley Sad 

I've had so many back and forth email conversations with the accessibility team but they cannot give me any timescales as to when subtitles will be available on Sky Q apps, UHD movies, Sky Store movies & On-Demand shows etc (I know subtitles are available on some shows, but more often than not, the ones I'm interested in don't have them - and even if they do have them, they don't show up on the iPad Sky Q or the Sky Go app).

---------------------------------------
Sky Q from October 2018, 2TB Box (connected via ethernet), Multiscreen UHD, Entertainment, Cinema, HD, Box Sets, Kids, Talk Talk Faster Fibre Speed Boost (55mbps), LG OLED55E6V, iPhone XS Max, iPad Pro