How do I buy an extra sky box and have it fitted

Runner
Post 1 of 8

How do I buy an extra sky box and have it fitted

I have three sky TVs we want a fourth but there is no Ariel connection in the room. Can we get sky to supply and fit the extra one? If so how?

All Replies
Oracle
Post 2 of 8

Re: How do I buy an extra sky box and have it fitted

Try phoning sky and asking the sales team

Annie I DO NOT work for sky!

When posting your issue could you please include ALL the steps you have gone through to try and fix the issue so that people do not have to waste time suggesting things you have already tried, also be as detailed as possible with the information you provide as there can never be too much, thanks

First Assistant Director
Post 3 of 8

@shead wrote:

I have three sky TVs we want a fourth but there is no Ariel connection in the room. Can we get sky to supply and fit the extra one? If so how?

If you have a 1TB Q box, you'll need to upgrade that to a 2TB Q box and get another mini box.

If you have Sky+HD, you can have a 4th box that you'll have to buy.

Best to give Sky a call. But in any case, it can be done so you get your 4th box.

Sky Q 2TB V1 -- LG 55UH850V UHD TV -- 1 Mini
Oracle
Post 4 of 8

@shead wrote:

@shead As per @Annie+UK I would contact Sky as if you are on Sky HD then it might not be possible to add anymore multiscreen subscription. Sky may inform you that you would need to upgrade to Sky Q 

If you have Sky Q you would be able to order an additional mini box but remember that if you have a 1 TB box you can only watch 1 mini and the main box at the same time with the 2 TB box you can watch 2 mini boxes and the main box 

I may have an Oracle badge but i'm still just a customer

imagebam.com

imagebam.com

Sky Q 2 TB (Silver)Box, 2 Mini boxes since June 2016, Sky Q Hub, all connected by wifi
Sky Boxset, multiscreen/UHD, Sky Sports, Sky Cinema
Sky Fibre Unlimited, LG 49SJ 810 V UHD TV
Oracle
Post 5 of 8

Sky allow sky+ installs when the customer has more boxes than Sky Q can provide with mini’s etc… but as I suggested a call to sky is the best way to find out the details

When posting your issue could you please include ALL the steps you have gone through to try and fix the issue so that people do not have to waste time suggesting things you have already tried, also be as detailed as possible with the information you provide as there can never be too much, thanks

Oracle
Post 6 of 8

@Annie+UK wrote:

Sky allow sky+ installs when the customer has more boxes than Sky Q can provide with mini’s etc… but as I suggested a call to sky is the best way to find out the details

@Annie+UK cheers for confirming that

know at one point anyone wanting multiscreen was being told they had to upgrade to Q wasnt sure if this was the same for anyone already with a multiscreen subscription 😀😀😀

imagebam.com

imagebam.com

Sky Q 2 TB (Silver)Box, 2 Mini boxes since June 2016, Sky Q Hub, all connected by wifi
Oracle
Post 7 of 8

It’s all to do with the number of boxes you want, 1  to 3 is not enough for sky+ and they will insist on Sky Q 

Oracle
Post 8 of 8

@Annie+UK you learn something new every day 😀😀😀

imagebam.com

imagebam.com

Recommended Threads