Elementary Box Sets Missing

Runner
Post 1 of 21

Elementary Box Sets Missing

I have been watching Elementary. I had got to Series 2 -10 then the rest of the series and following series are missing.

Where have they gone

new to sky q
All Replies
Executive Producer
Post 2 of 21

Re: Elementary Box Sets Missing

I would assume they've more than likely expired from box sets

Oracle
Post 3 of 21

Boxsets come and go as Sky doesn't have the rights to show them all the time, they are usually available for a good few months and sometimes it is possible to download these episodes and keep them to watch them in your planner at your leisure although I am not sure if this is the case with Elementary.

Do take a look at the Boxset expiry link here which shows you when certain series are available to:

https://helpforum.sky.com/t5/Entertainment/BOX-SETS-EXPIRY-DATES-RETURNS-ALL-NEW-FORMAT/m-p/2862290

__________________________________________________________________________________________.

If someone has helped you then please click on the LIKES button in their post.
I do not work for Sky.
Oracle
Post 4 of 21

@Cottonsocks wrote:

I have been watching Elementary. I had got to Series 2 -10 then the rest of the series and following series are missing.

Where have they gone

Hi @Cottonsocks It's more than likely the box set has now expired, if you keep an eye on this thread it will tell you which box sets will be expiring soon. https://helpforum.sky.com/t5/Entertainment/Box-Sets-Ending-Soon/td-p/2772155

My Opinions Are My Own And Do Not Reflect Those Of Sky.
Runner
Post 5 of 21

Didn’t notice the expiry on these box sets and came home from holiday looking forward to restart half way through series 2 and they’ve gone. Hope they are back soon 😤

Camera Assistant
Post 6 of 21

@NikiChris wrote:

Didn’t notice the expiry on these box sets and came home from holiday looking forward to restart half way through series 2 and they’ve gone. Hope they are back soon 😤

Did you go away for more than a month? On Q, you don' see an expiration date that's more than a month away. But once it hits the one month mark, you do see the expiration date. If you are on +HD, you always see an expiration date. If you are on Q and do not yet see an expiration date, you can use th Sky+ app to see the esxpiration date. So unless your vacation was more than a month, it should not have expired unless you somehow missed the expiration date.

Have a look here tp see how to look for the expiration date with both +HD and Q.

https://helpforum.sky.com/t5/On-Demand/box-sets/m-p/2863499#M78118

Sky Q 2TB V1 -- LG 55UH850V UHD TV -- 1 Mini
Runner
Post 7 of 21

I've been watching upto season 4 episode 10. Went to watch episode 11 from my continue section and it loaded a random episode from season 6. And they wonder why people use Kodi!

Camera Assistant
Post 8 of 21

@Machievellian wrote:

I've been watching upto season 4 episode 10. Went to watch episode 11 from my continue section and it loaded a random episode from season 6. And they wonder why people use Kodi!

Please read theentire thread and you'll learn why Ekementary expired. What you could have done is downloaded the unwatched episodes before they expired.

Runner
Post 9 of 21

If they don't indicate that they are limited time in the terms and conditions when you subscribe to the Sky Box set  package, then legally they are in breach of contract. Also it's all well and good saying I should have downloaded them all etc. But clearly I wasn't aware you could do that! 

Oracle
Post 10 of 21

@Machievellian wrote:

If they don't indicate that they are limited time in the terms and conditions when you subscribe to the Sky Box set  package, then legally they are in breach of contract. Also it's all well and good saying I should have downloaded them all etc. But clearly I wasn't aware you could do that! 

Sky do make it very clear in their contracts for example this is in the Sky Q contract (p7 in the section Our TV services and how they may change)

"TV services are variable and so may change from time to time.  We cannot guarantee the continued availability of any particular channel or programme"

The rights to TV shows are bought for various purposes for time limited periods. The broadcaster concerned are often not Sky themselves. It is a pain but you will find when a box set disappears from Sky it turns up on Amazon and vice versa.

==========================

Oracles are customers and people too.
Camera Assistant
Post 11 of 21

@Machievellian wrote:

Sky is not in breach of contract. The fact that you missed the expiration date when selecting an episode to watch is not Sky's fault. Not all downloads from Catch Up give you more time, but most do. So when you get near the end of the expiration date, download and you can see if you get more time. Anyway, I hope that next timeyou won't miss out due to something expiring.

Camera Assistant
Post 12 of 21

@Chrisee wrote:

The rights to TV shows are bought for various purposes for time limited periods. The broadcaster concerned are often not Sky themselves. It is a pain but you will find when a box set disappears from Sky it turns up on Amazon and vice versa.

Don't forget that sometimes TV shows can also end up on Netflix.

Runner
Post 13 of 21

If they don't indicate in the terms and conditions that programmes have a time limit then they are in breach of contract. You can't not disclose conditions that would influence somones decision regarding purchasing that package. 

Runner
Post 14 of 21

Fair enough . But if Sky and other streaming services made everything available to everyone not only would it stop illegal streaming (studies have shown that people who stream illegally usually have a subscription service and use the illegal services to stream programmes that the legal one's don't make available). So instead of criminalizing illegal streamers. They could be potential customers. 

Oracle
Post 15 of 21

@Machievellian wrote:

Fair enough . But if Sky and other streaming services made everything available to everyone not only would it stop illegal streaming (studies have shown that people who stream illegally usually have a subscription service and use the illegal services to stream programmes that the legal one's don't make available). So instead of criminalizing illegal streamers. They could be potential customers. 

Rubbish, most people use those services because they want it for free. If you do not read the synopsis that includes expiry dates then that is your fault and not Sky's. 

My Opinions Are My Own And Do Not Reflect Those Of Sky.