Elementary Box Sets Missing

Executive Producer
Post 16 of 26

Re: Elementary Box Sets Missing

@Machievellian wrote:

Fair enough . But if Sky and other streaming services made everything available to everyone not only would it stop illegal streaming (studies have shown that people who stream illegally usually have a subscription service and use the illegal services to stream programmes that the legal one's don't make available). So instead of criminalizing illegal streamers. They could be potential customers. 

I tend to agree to a large extent. The problem is that providers want exclusivity on product, and are willing to pay more for it. It gives them a USP that will persuade some people to sign up with them rather than anyone else. I would have thought that the content providers would get more money overall by providing their content to company X, Y and Z rather than just to company X even at a premium, but perhaps not.

The main problem of the current situation is that it's the customer that inveitably ends up losing out, because they have to have more than one service subscription, or become criminals.

To my way of thinking, the best way to get real competition in the market is for content providers to end exclusivity, and to sell their content to all providers. In an ideal world that would include sports too. That way, customer service and buiilding a platform that people wanted would give customers a real choice. The problem is, I really can't see that happening any time soon, if at all Smiley Sad

Oracle
Post 17 of 26

It does say on all the boxsets advertising that i've seen that " boxsets change from month to momth", i have never seen it mentioned on any advertising or the Sky website that boxsets are available permanently.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Oracles are not Sky employees, we are just customers and will not be able to assist with account or billing issues.

imagebam.com
Runner
Post 18 of 26

The majority of people who download illegally have subscription services with other legal companies. If it's football they stream for the 3pm games. If it's shows or movie's then it's for content they can't get or is to expensive. 

Highlighted
Director of Photography
Post 19 of 26

@Machievellian wrote:

The majority of people who download illegally have subscription services with other legal companies. If it's football they stream for the 3pm games. If it's shows or movie's then it's for content they can't get or is to expensive. 

Um...What does this have to do with the Elementary Box Set?

Sky Q 2TB V1 -- LG 55UH850V UHD TV -- 1 Mini
Oracle
Post 20 of 26

If Sky were to obtain perpetual licenses for all the content, there would be a considerable extra cost involved to them.

How much extra would you be prepared to pay for Box Sets if they were all available forever?

3pm kickoffs are a completely separate issue - those matches aren't available for anyone to broadcast in the UK because the FA think that doing so would harm ticket sales.

Oracle
Post 21 of 26

@Machievellian wrote:

No they don't, the majority that use illegal services do so because they have no intention of paying for content.

If you want to have a discussion on that topic then start a new thread and we can discuss it there.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Oracles are not Sky employees, we are just customers and will not be able to assist with account or billing issues.

imagebam.com
Runner
Post 22 of 26

Please help me not make this mistake again

i am selecting to record the series for elementary and records them all and downloads them all until series 2 episode 10 and the continues in series 3 ?

the responses in here about them expiring isn’t the issue if it is automated ? 

Note: if this isn’t resolavable then why would I bother staying with a service that fails half way through ? 

Oracle
Post 23 of 26

@Johno2001 wrote:

Content like this does expire not matter if the downloads are automated or not as Sky are only allow to show them via Catchup or Boxsets for a certain period of time.

__________________________________________________________________________________________.

If someone has helped you then please click on the LIKES button in their post.
I do not work for Sky.
Runner
Post 24 of 26

So why has only the second part of the season expired and not the first part or the next ... it’s an excuse for an issue 

Director of Photography
Post 25 of 26

@Johno2001 wrote:

Please help me not make this mistake again

i am selecting to record the series for elementary and records them all and downloads them all until series 2 episode 10 and the continues in series 3 ?

Note: if this isn’t resolavable then why would I bother staying with a service that fails half way through ? 

If you are setting a series link for Elementary, then it could be that not all of season 2 was rebroadcast before it jumped to season 3. I checked Box Sets and Catch Up and only season 6 is on Catch Up.  I also looked at what's on this week and S04E08 is missing.  It starts at S04E07 and e08 is not there. So it's most likely down to a wonky scheduling of the reruns. What you could do is record what you can and buy the rest from Amazon. You can buy individual episodes from Amazon.

Sky Q 2TB V1 -- LG 55UH850V UHD TV -- 1 Mini
Runner
Post 26 of 26

Thanks for the response , you have helped me decide .

i like box sets , sky is failing to provide those to me . 

I will cancel my sky subscription and go old school and just buy box sets 

happy days 

Recommended Threads
14-07-2018 09:16 PM
Oracle 10-08-2018 07:08 PM
Community Manager 29-10-2018 09:24 AM
Oracle 02-11-2018 08:27 PM
3 weeks ago 07:34 AM