Criminal minds box set

Answered
Go to Answer
Director of Photography
Post 31 of 78

Re: Criminal minds box set

@StopItRawr wrote:

Criminal Minds has a habit of doing this!

It was also on Netflix not so long ago (It may even be there currently). Me and my partner started form Series 1, started to get into it and then it was removed from Netflix. We haven't watched it since, boo!

It's a shame this has happened on Sky too. Clearly the rights holders aren't interested in long term deals, thus messing with customers who then lose out.

When Criminal Minds was less than a month until it expired, did you not see the expiry date shown? If you are unclear what I mean, please see the following thread.

https://helpforum.sky.com/t5/On-Demand/box-sets/m-p/2863499#M78118

Sky Q 2TB V1 -- LG 55UH850V UHD TV -- 1 Mini
Boom Operator
Post 32 of 78

@JonW42 wrote:

@StopItRawr wrote:

Criminal Minds has a habit of doing this!

It was also on Netflix not so long ago (It may even be there currently). Me and my partner started form Series 1, started to get into it and then it was removed from Netflix. We haven't watched it since, boo!

It's a shame this has happened on Sky too. Clearly the rights holders aren't interested in long term deals, thus messing with customers who then lose out.

When Criminal Minds was less than a month until it expired, did you not see the expiry date shown? If you are unclear what I mean, please see the following thread.

You may have misread my post.

I wasn't asking for help, not commenting on how Sky signposted a series being deleted (I know how it works, thanks).

I was making the point that the rights holders of Criminal Minds have signed short term deals with multiple platform holders and tegardlreg of signposting, it sucks that people are time limited in viewing them because of this.

Executive Producer
Post 33 of 78

@JonW42 wrote:

@stivo wrote:

So why can’t sky buy it back? Seems a popular programme, we pay enough!

Most box sets do have an expiration date.

@JonW42 Need to correct you here. All Box Sets have an expiration date. Some of them have a delete date which, if applicable, appears after it has been downloaded. Expiry Dates & Deletion Dates are two different things. 

Sky+HD 2TB STB - Samsung Q7 65" UHD HDR+ Smart TV - Samsung UBD-M7500 Ultra HD 4K Blu-ray Player HDR Advanced Smart - Samsung Sound+ HW-MS650 All in One Smart Soundbar - Samsung SWA-9000S Wireless Rear Speakers
Please see my Box Sets Expiry Dates List thread on the Entertainment board.
Executive Producer
Post 34 of 78

@JonW42 wrote:

@stivo wrote:

Caught me out too, furious the don’t give you a heads up, I was halfway through series 5. Loosing faith with sky TV.

You should not be furious with Sky for Criminal Minds expiring before you finished watching. There is an expiration date and when and where you see this depends on if you have Q or +HD. Take a look at the following thread to see how to see the expiration date.

@JonW42 Regarding the link you gave, there is a much better piece of information in the blog section for both Sky+ & Sky Q which includes a video, you can find it  here. Maybe use this info in the future?

Sky+HD 2TB STB - Samsung Q7 65" UHD HDR+ Smart TV - Samsung UBD-M7500 Ultra HD 4K Blu-ray Player HDR Advanced Smart - Samsung Sound+ HW-MS650 All in One Smart Soundbar - Samsung SWA-9000S Wireless Rear Speakers
Please see my Box Sets Expiry Dates List thread on the Entertainment board.
Director of Photography
Post 35 of 78

@merv60 wrote:

@JonW42 wrote:

@stivo wrote:

So why can’t sky buy it back? Seems a popular programme, we pay enough!

Most box sets do have an expiration date.

@JonW42 Need to correct you here. All Box Sets have an expiration date. Some of them have a delete date which, if applicable, appears after it has been downloaded. Expiry Dates & Deletion Dates are two different things. 

Thanks for that. I wasn't sure if all box sets expired. I do know the download expiration date can be different from the box sets or catch up expiry dates.
Runner
Post 36 of 78

This has happened to me so many times first with Home Land where you get to a point in your viewing where you can’t find an episode then find it’s been removed. Now with Criminal minds. We’ve got to season one last episode where it’s left on a knife edge & you find that season two only starts at episode 10. I’m seriously considering dumping sky tv & getting Netflix it will be so very much cheaper.

Director of Photography
Post 37 of 78

@slopesurfer wrote:

This has happened to me so many times first with Home Land where you get to a point in your viewing where you can’t find an episode then find it’s been removed. Now with Criminal minds. We’ve got to season one last episode where it’s left on a knife edge & you find that season two only starts at episode 10. I’m seriously considering dumping sky tv & getting Netflix it will be so very much cheaper.

The problem as I see it is that you are not noticing the expiration dates for Box Set and Catch Up. Have a look at the following link to learn about expiration dates.

https://helpforum.sky.com/t5/How-to/How-to-find-an-expiry-date/ba-p/2813713

Researcher
Post 38 of 78

DCB4C14D-613A-4D0F-ADED-710F96D14153.jpeg

When you find something you want to watch you don’t always go looking for the expiry date, where does it mention it here? 

Oracle
Post 39 of 78

On Sky Q you only get a 30 day expiry countdown, if you have more than 30 days to view you will see no expiry date

Annie I DO NOT work for sky!

Sky Customer since 1989, Sky forum Oracle since 2012, Sky+HD user, Public beta tester for Sky, Apple & Microsoft, Computer analyst/programmer, Web designer, Xbox One X Gamer, I love technology, my main viewing is with YouTube & Twitch

when posting your issue could you please include ALL the steps you have gone through to try and fix the issue so that people do not have to waste time suggesting things you have already tried, also be as detailed as possible with the information you provide as there can never be too much, thanks

Director of Photography
Post 40 of 78

@Annie+UK wrote:

On Sky Q you only get a 30 day expiry countdown, if you have more than 30 days to view you will see no expiry date

You can find the expiry date of content in Box Sets and Catch Up using the Sky+ app on iOS or Android.

Executive Producer
Post 41 of 78

But that's downloaded so the date maybe different. May not even have a deletion date once downloaded.

Director of Photography
Post 42 of 78

@ianpaul1 wrote:

But that's downloaded so the date maybe different. May not even have a deletion date once downloaded.

The thing to do on Q is once you get within 30 days of expiry, start downloading any unwatched episodes and see if you get more than 30 days until they get deleted. If so,download all the unwatched episodes and continue watching from Recordings.

Or ask in the forum what the expiration dates are f(or the downloads) on the forum so someone with +HD can answer.

Executive Producer
Post 43 of 78

31st of December is the expiry for that. There isn't a Planner Deletion date so won't ever delete itself once downloaded.

I can check the other series if you like. Sometimes they're awkward and have different dates.

Researcher
Post 44 of 78

So start watching a possible 13 season show and you could only have 31 days to watch. Would it not be better to be told this once you start watching it  that Sky only have the licence to show this till said date! You could take a subscription out to watch box sets for a certain show to find it no longer available after 30 days. Once you start watching you should have the ability to finish the series within a reasonable time!

Director of Photography
Post 45 of 78

@stivo wrote:

So start watching a possible 13 season show and you could only have 31 days to watch. Would it not be better to be told this once you start watching it  that Sky only have the licence to show this till said date! You could take a subscription out to watch box sets for a certain show to find it no longer available after 30 days. Once you start watching you should have the ability to finish the series within a reasonable time!

Use the Sky+ app to find out the expiry date. Also, if it's getting withing the 30 days until expiry, download the remaining episodes as in some cases, you do get more time or even unlimited time but with Q you won't know this unless you ask someone with +HD to have a look while the show is still able to be downloaded.