Changes to STV HD and BBC Scotland

Community Manager
Post 1 of 7

Changes to STV HD and BBC Scotland

STV_logo.png

STV has agreed to a five-year strategic partnership with us that will lead to Sky customers in Scotland gaining access to STV’s regional variants in full HD as well as catch-up services.

All four STV regions will launch in HD to create the first fully regionalised public service broadcaster HD service on our platform, giving Sky customers across Scotland access to regional STV programming including STV News at Six. The new HD variants are expected to launch in the first half of 2019.

The STV Player will be available on both Sky Q and Sky+ set-top boxes, as well as mobile devices via streaming and offline viewing from the second half of 2019.

The dedicated BBC Scotland channel launches next month.

Federica-C
Community Manager

Take a look at the latest exclusive Sky customer offers
All Replies
Oracle
Oracle
Post 2 of 7

Re: Changes to STV HD and BBC Scotland

@Federica-C wrote:

STV_logo.png

STV has agreed to a five-year strategic partnership with us that will lead to Sky customers in Scotland gaining access to STV’s regional variants in full HD as well as catch-up services.

All four STV regions will launch in HD to create the first fully regionalised public service broadcaster HD service on our platform, giving Sky customers across Scotland access to regional STV programming including STV News at Six. The new HD variants are expected to launch in the first half of 2019.

The STV Player will be available on both Sky Q and Sky+ set-top boxes, as well as mobile devices via streaming and offline viewing from the second half of 2019.

I read that yesterday and my heart sank. I loathe STV  it is amateur hour and embarrassing and I look forward to BBC Scotland with all the enthusiasm of a colonoscopy . Another channel not to be watched. 😂

Stuart R
I am responsible for the content, but not the way it is presented, I have some sight issues
Auto-Correct is my enemy.
If this is your first post - Welcome
Sky Q - full package

imagebam.com
First Assistant Director
Post 3 of 7

Will BBC Scotland be available in HD?

Sky Q 2TB V1 -- LG 55UH850V UHD TV -- 1 Mini
Executive Producer
Post 4 of 7

@SDR wrote:

@Federica-C wrote:

STV_logo.png

I read that yesterday and my heart sank. I loathe STV  it is amateur hour and embarrassing and I look forward to BBC Scotland with all the enthusiasm of a colonoscopy . Another channel not to be watched. 😂

@SDR.  Correct on both counts.  Weegie TV writ large.  Smiley Frustrated

Director of Photography
Post 5 of 7

I’m afraid I disagree gents. STV North provides good local news coverage without the Central Belt or London dominance. The rest of the crap is as bad as the rest of ITV. Too dumb downed and too many adverts.

===========================================================
Sky Q Silver (ethernet/powerline) + 2 x Mini (ethernet) + 2 x Mini (wifi/powerline)
+ Sky Booster 2 (ethernet/wifi) Software = Q080.000.76.00L
Samsung UE49KS8000 UHD TV (sw1231) + Yamaha RX-D486
First Assistant Director
Post 6 of 7

Not all STV/ITV programming is lousy. In fact, tomorrow Vera starts season 9 on one of the ITV channels.

Sky Q 2TB V1 -- LG 55UH850V UHD TV -- 1 Mini
Community Manager
Post 7 of 7

@JonW42 wrote:

Will BBC Scotland be available in HD?

Morning @JonW42/all, I'll ask and get back to you.

Federica-C
Community Manager

Take a look at the latest exclusive Sky customer offers
Recommended Threads
18-10-2018 11:43 AM
29-11-2018 08:51 AM
ARIGP 26-09-2018 07:36 AM
17-09-2018 11:22 AM
officer 29-10-2018 11:50 AM