Changes to STV HD and BBC Scotland

Community Manager
Post 1 of 38

Changes to STV HD and BBC Scotland

STV_logo.png

STV has agreed to a five-year strategic partnership with us that will lead to Sky customers in Scotland gaining access to STV’s regional variants in full HD as well as catch-up services.

All four STV regions will launch in HD to create the first fully regionalised public service broadcaster HD service on our platform, giving Sky customers across Scotland access to regional STV programming including STV News at Six. The new HD variants are expected to launch in the first half of 2019.

The STV Player will be available on both Sky Q and Sky+ set-top boxes, as well as mobile devices via streaming and offline viewing from the second half of 2019.

The dedicated BBC Scotland channel launches next month.

Federica-C
Community Manager

Take a look at the latest exclusive Sky customer offers
All Replies
Oracle
Oracle
Post 2 of 38

Re: Changes to STV HD and BBC Scotland

@Federica-C wrote:

STV_logo.png

STV has agreed to a five-year strategic partnership with us that will lead to Sky customers in Scotland gaining access to STV’s regional variants in full HD as well as catch-up services.

All four STV regions will launch in HD to create the first fully regionalised public service broadcaster HD service on our platform, giving Sky customers across Scotland access to regional STV programming including STV News at Six. The new HD variants are expected to launch in the first half of 2019.

The STV Player will be available on both Sky Q and Sky+ set-top boxes, as well as mobile devices via streaming and offline viewing from the second half of 2019.

I read that yesterday and my heart sank. I loathe STV  it is amateur hour and embarrassing and I look forward to BBC Scotland with all the enthusiasm of a colonoscopy . Another channel not to be watched. 😂

Stuart R
I am responsible for the content, but not the way it is presented, I have some sight issues
Auto-Correct is my enemy.
If this is your first post - Welcome
Sky Q - full package

imagebam.com
Producer
Post 3 of 38

Will BBC Scotland be available in HD?

Sky Q 2TB V1 -- LG 55UH850V UHD TV -- 1 Mini
Executive Producer
Post 4 of 38

@SDR wrote:

@Federica-C wrote:

STV_logo.png

I read that yesterday and my heart sank. I loathe STV  it is amateur hour and embarrassing and I look forward to BBC Scotland with all the enthusiasm of a colonoscopy . Another channel not to be watched. 😂

@SDR.  Correct on both counts.  Weegie TV writ large.  Smiley Frustrated

Director of Photography
Post 5 of 38

I’m afraid I disagree gents. STV North provides good local news coverage without the Central Belt or London dominance. The rest of the crap is as bad as the rest of ITV. Too dumb downed and too many adverts.

===========================================================
Sky Q Silver (ethernet/powerline) + 2 x Mini (ethernet) + 2 x Mini (wifi/powerline)
+ Sky Booster 2 (ethernet/wifi) Software = Q090.000.71.00L
Samsung UE49KS8000 UHD TV (sw1231) + Yamaha RX-D486
Producer
Post 6 of 38

Not all STV/ITV programming is lousy. In fact, tomorrow Vera starts season 9 on one of the ITV channels.

Community Manager
Post 7 of 38

@JonW42 wrote:

Will BBC Scotland be available in HD?

Morning @JonW42/all, I'll ask and get back to you.

Federica-C
Community Manager

Community Manager
Post 8 of 38

BBC Scotland launches on 24 February

Still Game.jpg

The BBC has announced full details of how audiences can find the new BBC Scotland television channel when it launches on 20 February.

The new channel will be available in HD via Sky on Sky Guide 976.

From midnight on Sunday 17 February, BBC Two Scotland will cease to broadcast to viewers in Scotland.

After this date, viewers in Scotland will receive the network version of BBC Two and content that would traditionally have been broadcast on BBC Two Scotland will become part of the content mix on the BBC Scotland channel.

Customers with non-HD boxes will instead receive BBC Scotland in SD on 115.

The new BBC Scotland TV channel is to launch on 20 February and will feature the first episode of the final series of comedy Still Game.

Federica-C
Community Manager

Producer
Post 9 of 38

Re: BBC Scotland launches on 24 February

@Federica-CWhat about BBC Two HD that's already in 115? What's happening to that? BBC Two Soctland is 102 and in SD. Will BBC Two HD move to 102?

Oracle
Post 10 of 38

@Federica-C Afternoon 😀😀😀 what about us Scots living outside of Scotland will the new channel be available on channel 970 ( curently BBC2 HD Scotland) as therszare programmes I watch 😀😀😀

Thanks

I may have an Oracle badge but i'm still just a customer

imagebam.com

imagebam.com

Sky Q 2 TB (Silver)Box, 2 Mini boxes since June 2016, Sky Q Hub, all connected by wifi
Sky Boxset, multiscreen/UHD, Sky Sports, Sky Cinema
Sky Fibre Unlimited, LG 49SJ 810 V UHD TV
Community Manager
Post 11 of 38

Afternoon @Laing1 and @JonW42,

Both your enquiries have been sent to the team who deals with partner channels. I'll get back to you once I receive some updates.

In the meantime...

via GIPHY

Federica-C
Community Manager

Oracle
Post 12 of 38

@Federica-C thank you

I may have an Oracle badge but i'm still just a customer

imagebam.com

imagebam.com

Sky Q 2 TB (Silver)Box, 2 Mini boxes since June 2016, Sky Q Hub, all connected by wifi
Sky Boxset, multiscreen/UHD, Sky Sports, Sky Cinema
Sky Fibre Unlimited, LG 49SJ 810 V UHD TV
Oracle
Oracle
Post 13 of 38

@JonW42 wrote:

@Federica-CWhat about BBC Two HD that's already in 115? What's happening to that? BBC Two Soctland is 102 and in SD. Will BBC Two HD move to 102?

BBC2 HD will be on 102

BBC Scotland on 115

Stuart R
I am responsible for the content, but not the way it is presented, I have some sight issues
Auto-Correct is my enemy.
If this is your first post - Welcome
Sky Q - full package

imagebam.com
Camera Assistant
Post 14 of 38

@Federica-C wrote:

Customers with non-HD boxes will instead receive BBC Scotland in SD on 106.

What is happening to Sky One for those viewers?

Producer
Post 15 of 38

@SDR wrote:

@JonW42 wrote:

BBC2 HD will be on 102

BBC Scotland on 115

That would be BBC Scotland HD on 115. What channel will BBC Scotland SD on?

@Laing1  There is no BBC Two Scotland HD.