Box Sets 2019

Oracle
Oracle
Post 1 of 16

Box Sets 2019

A bit short on information but this is what we have so far

GAME OF THRONES

Series 1-7 are set to return to Box Sets on 15th Feb 2019 (subject to change)

THE WALKING DEAD

Series 1-9a will return to Box Sets on 24th January 2019 (subject to change)

THE HANDMAID'S TALE

Series 1-2 will be available on Box Sets from 1st February

Stuart R
I am responsible for the content, but not the way it is presented, I have some sight issues
Auto-Correct is my enemy.
If this is your first post - Welcome
Sky Q - full package

imagebam.com
All Replies
Producer
Post 2 of 16

Re: Box Sets 2019

@SDR wrote:

A bit short on information but this is what we have so far

GAME OF THRONES

Series 1-7 are set to return to Box Sets on 15th Feb 2019 (subject to change)

THE WALKING DEAD

Series 1-9a will return to Box Sets on 24th January 2019 (subject to change)

THE HANDMAID'S TALE

Series 1-2 will be available on Box Sets from 1st February

Thank you for this. It's a start.

Sky Q 2TB V1 -- LG 55UH850V UHD TV -- 1 Mini
Runner
Post 3 of 16

Hi. 

Do you know if the Lethal Weapon tv series, will be on box sets soon?

Thanks 

Producer
Post 4 of 16

Get Shorty season 2 is now on Box Sets in UHD.

Series Linker
Post 5 of 16

GoT isn't available yet & not sure when it will be. Quite annoying as I really wanted to watch all the season before the final series. Sky trying to make extra money from a popular series even though customers like us pay enoough every month and have waited 2 years for the final season. Will have to look at alternative ways to watch this. 

Community Manager
Post 6 of 16

@Raushan wrote:

GoT isn't available yet & not sure when it will be. Quite annoying as I really wanted to watch all the season before the final series. Sky trying to make extra money from a popular series even though customers like us pay enoough every month and have waited 2 years for the final season. Will have to look at alternative ways to watch this. 

Hi @Raushan, Game of Thrones seasons 1-6 will return to Sky Box sets on the 1st of March.

Federica-C
Community Manager

Take a look at the latest exclusive Sky customer offers
Series Linker
Post 7 of 16

Thanks for confirming!

Producer
Post 8 of 16

@Federica-C wrote:

@Raushan wrote:

Hi @Raushan, Game of Thrones seasons 1-6 will return to Sky Box sets on the 1st of March.

While Sky will have Game of Thrones seasons 1-6 on Box Sets, season 7 will be gone and that will upset a lot of people. Season 7 is set to expire on March 14, 2019 just 13 days after seasons 1-6 are added. Can something be done about this? I don't see season 7 being download because it's about to expire. I see people looking at GoT on Box Sets and seeing that it's complete and starting to watch and then by the time they get to season 7, it won't be there and they would rightfully be upset.

Community Manager
Post 9 of 16

While Sky will have Game of Thrones seasons 1-6 on Box Sets, season 7 will be gone and that will upset a lot of people. Season 7 is set to expire on March 14, 2019 just 13 days after seasons 1-6 are added. Can something be done about this? I don't see season 7 being download because it's about to expire. I see people looking at GoT on Box Sets and seeing that it's complete and starting to watch and then by the time they get to season 7, it won't be there and they would rightfully be upset.

I'm afraid we have no control over the licensing date that has been agreed with the provider.  However, you can submit your feedback to Viewer Relations, so they can log it in and keep track of how many similar requests come through. Who knows if a high number of requests could influence existing licencing agreements?!

Federica-C
Community Manager

Producer
Post 10 of 16

@Federica-C wrote:

I'm afraid we have no control over the licensing date that has been agreed with the provider.  However, you can submit your feedback to Viewer Relations, so they can log it in and keep track of how many similar requests come through. Who knows if a high number of requests could influence existing licencing agreements?!

As I see it, most people who will be affected by season 7 expiring on March 14 won't know to contact Vewier Relations or even how to do so. I would not have known if I wasn't on the forums. So while some of us can mention this to them, most won't be doing so and if they go by the numbers of people mentioning this, it will be a pretty small number.

Executive Producer
Post 11 of 16

@JonW42 wrote:

@Federica-C wrote:

As I see it, most people who will be affected by season 7 expiring on March 14 won't know to contact Vewier Relations or even how to do so. I would not have known if I wasn't on the forums. So while some of us can mention this to them, most won't be doing so and if they go by the numbers of people mentioning this, it will be a pretty small number.

Not sure if Sky Q is showing something different, but on my Sky+ HD box the Expiry Date for S7 of GoT is 14th May, not March.

Sky+HD 2TB STB - Samsung Q7 65" UHD HDR+ Smart TV - Samsung UBD-M7500 Ultra HD 4K Blu-ray Player HDR Advanced Smart - Samsung Sound+ HW-MS650 All in One Smart Soundbar - Samsung SWA-9000S Wireless Rear Speakers
Please see my Box Sets Expiry Dates List thread on the Entertainment board.
Community Manager
Post 12 of 16

Not sure if Sky Q is showing something different, but on my Sky+ HD box the Expiry Date for S7 of GoT is 14th May, not March.

You're correct @merv60.

Federica-C
Community Manager

Oracle
Post 13 of 16

@merv60 wrote:

@JonW42 wrote:

@Federica-C wrote:

Checked on my Q box and not showing any date for season 7 if it was 14 th March we are within 1 month of this so would be showing the date 

I may have an Oracle badge but i'm still just a customer

imagebam.com

imagebam.com

Sky Q 2 TB (Silver)Box, 2 Mini boxes since June 2016, Sky Q Hub, all connected by wifi
Sky Boxset, multiscreen/UHD, Sky Sports, Sky Cinema
Sky Fibre Unlimited, LG 49SJ 810 V UHD TV
Researcher
Post 14 of 16

Does anyone know if Season 3 of The Flash is going to be added back? It expired but season 4 and 5 are available still. 

Oracle
Post 15 of 16

It will return @Charro  but there is no way to know when that will be I'm afraid.

__________________________________________________________________________________________.

If someone has helped you then please click on the LIKES button in their post.
I do not work for Sky.
Recommended Threads
43 minutes ago 12:38 AM
Oracle 48 minutes ago 12:33 AM
Oracle 59 minutes ago 12:22 AM
Oracle an hour ago 12:20 AM
Ben+BTB yesterday 11:06 PM