A league of their own European tour

Camera Assistant
Post 1 of 10

A league of their own European tour

This has been advertised for weeks as also being in UHD but last night it was broadcast in HD and there is no UHD version on catch up. Was this an errror in the advert or have Sky forgotten to upload the  UHD version 

All Replies
Oracle
Oracle
Post 2 of 10

Re: A league of their own European tour

@Jamie+Simms wrote:

This has been advertised for weeks as also being in UHD but last night it was broadcast in HD and there is no UHD version on catch up. Was this an errror in the advert or have Sky forgotten to upload the  UHD version 

Sometimes it takes a wee while for it to appear. But I note it isn’t there yet.

Stuart R
I am responsible for the content, but not the way it is presented, I have some sight issues
Auto-Correct is my enemy.
If this is your first post - Welcome
Sky Q - full package

imagebam.com
Researcher
Post 3 of 10

I noticed the same thing.

Oddly - when the programme started at the original broadcast time there was a message at the bottom of the screen which said also available in UHD - but no way to actually watch it in UHD.

Sound Designer
Post 4 of 10

Is it available in UHD now?

I am away from my Sky Q box.

Ex VM TV customer

Now Sky Q 2TB + VM BB
Camera Assistant
Post 5 of 10

No it’s still not available in UHD and they are again advertising this weeks new episode as being available in UHD so not sure what is going on with this.

Camera Assistant
Post 6 of 10

Well bad news unfortunately I have now had confirmation that this series was not filmed in UHD and should not have been advertised as being so. They are now sending comms out to get the adverts amended to remove the UHD titles.

This is rather disappointing that such a high profile show wasn’t produced in UHD but was due to the amount of outdoor and varied activity they did.

Producer
Post 7 of 10

@Jamie+Simms wrote:

Well bad news unfortunately I have now had confirmation that this series was not filmed in UHD and should not have been advertised as being so. They are now sending comms out to get the adverts amended to remove the UHD titles.

This is rather disappointing that such a high profile show wasn’t produced in UHD but was due to the amount of outdoor and varied activity they did.

Total rubbish. You can get cameras that do 4K such as Go Pro for outdoor activities. In fact iPhones do 4K. So there's no reason not to be able to be shot in 4K. The cameras for 4K are not larger then the HD cameras.

BBC can shoot underwater in 4k. NASA can shoot in 4K in outer-space. So why can't Sky shoot in 4k outdoors?

Sky Q 2TB V1 -- LG 55UH850V UHD TV -- 1 Mini
Camera Assistant
Post 8 of 10

JonW42- I agree that this show should be in UHD in 2019 but in all honesty Go Pro footage is not good enough for broadcast and the cameras used for things like Planet Earth are too large to use for this show as they are cinematic cameras. 

Producer
Post 9 of 10

@Jamie+Simms wrote:

JonW42- I agree that this show should be in UHD in 2019 but in all honesty Go Pro footage is not good enough for broadcast and the cameras used for things like Planet Earth are too large to use for this show as they are cinematic cameras. 

Some of the cameras used for Blue Planet II were mounted on drones. That's not all that big. If drone sized 4K cameras can be used, then similar sized cameras can be used where needed.

Sky Q 2TB V1 -- LG 55UH850V UHD TV -- 1 Mini
Community Manager
Post 10 of 10

Morning all,

I've passed on this enquiry to our relevant team and the answer is that, unfortunately, A League of Their Own European Tour is no longer available in UHD. 😟

The ads saying that it is have been pulled.

Federica-C
Community Manager

Take a look at the latest exclusive Sky customer offers
Recommended Threads
20 minutes ago 12:53 AM
20 minutes ago 12:53 AM
Oracle 25 minutes ago 12:48 AM
Oracle 32 minutes ago 12:41 AM
34 minutes ago 12:38 AM