intermittent email access

Boom Operator
Post 1 of 3

intermittent email access

HI All

over the last few weeks  I have had recurring problems accessing email via my phone (android) or via thunderbird on Windows 7. It says login or sign-in failed and asked for a new password (which never works). Then it will clear and I will have access for a while. This has repeated multiple times. My wifes email (same setup) doesn't have problems. I have agreed to the GDR email so that's not the problem, and I do get access for a while then it goes again.

Any suggestions anyone?

John

All Replies
Oracle
Post 2 of 3

Re: intermittent email access

Hi @SnipsJ

It might be you need to generate yourself and use a 16 digit password as per this:

https://www.sky.com/help/articles/secure-your-sky-yahoo-mail-account

__________________________________________________________________________________________.

If someone has helped you then please click on the LIKES button in their post.
I do not work for Sky.
Researcher
Post 3 of 3

Re: intermittent email access

I've had this same issue up to the point where last night it would not let me access my emails at all on the app, I tried to get help through the Sky Help on Twitter who were useless and then found the answer to updating to the 16 digit password on the post put on the forum by Sky this morning, did this and now a few hours later it is again asking me for my password - if this is constantly going to ask for my 16 digit password on my emails this is an absolute joke as this is not a password anyone will know off the top of their heads!