Discussion topic: e-mail saying I need to update my email app owing to a server upgrade by Sky

This message was authored by DavidHeb This message was authored by: DavidHeb

e-mail saying I need to update my email app owing to a server upgrade by Sky

Not sure if an email I have received from Sky Yahoo is real or scam. It is as follows:

"Dear Valid User,

Due to our system upgrade,  Sky Mail.  users who have not upgraded their account by November 5th, 2023 will not be able to access their account. Your account has not been upgraded to the new version, according to our records. So please check into our new server immediately to avoid losing your account.

Please follow the link below to update your account"                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                               
e-mail address sent from is a Sky one.                                                                                                                                                            
Grateful for advice as to whether its real or not!

Best Answers
This message was authored by GD1 This message was authored by: GD1 Answer

Re: e-mail saying I need to update my email app owing to a server upgrade by Sky

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@DavidHeb  It's a scam, there are not updates and no need to press any links.

Like you I'm a customer here, Sky Employees are clearly identified as such.
43" Glass TV & Puck Whole Home
Please note I only provide help on the main forums and not via PM, PM's are switched off.

View this Answer within the discussion

All Replies

This message was authored by GD1 This message was authored by: GD1 Answer

Re: e-mail saying I need to update my email app owing to a server upgrade by Sky

@DavidHeb  It's a scam, there are not updates and no need to press any links.

Like you I'm a customer here, Sky Employees are clearly identified as such.
43" Glass TV & Puck Whole Home
Please note I only provide help on the main forums and not via PM, PM's are switched off.

This message was authored by Mark39 This message was authored by: Mark39

It's not genuine. The link will take you to a fake website designed to capture your login details. Just mark it as spam, but otherwise ignore it.

This message was authored by caesarome This message was authored by: caesarome

@DavidHeb 

Sky would address your by your name and not "Dear Valid User" 

Any updates to the email servioce would be done by Sky/Yhaoo and not be the user.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If someone has helped you then please click on the LIKES button in their post.
If you need help please provide as much information as you can

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 80 minutes

New Discussion