Discussion topic: anyone not able to login to SKY YAHOO for emails.

This message was authored by oracle7 This message was authored by: oracle7

anyone not able to login to SKY YAHOO for emails.

I am not able to login to my SKY YAHOO account because for some reason I@m not getting the code.

Best Answers
oracle7
Topic Author
This message was authored by oracle7 This message was authored by: oracle7 Answer

Re: anyone not able to login to SKY YAHOO for emails.

All back to normal now,don't know the cause but that's life.Thanks for advice.

View this Answer within the discussion

All Replies

This message was authored by caesarome This message was authored by: caesarome

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

Is your phone number correct ?

Have you tried turning the two step autentication off then setting it up again ?

To turn off 2FA sign in with the recovery code so at the login select "can't sign in with the code" link. You'll then be asked for the recovery code.

When you signed up to 2FA you were given a recovery code so if you didn't make a note of it then check the email you were also sent.

Help can also be found here on how to turn this off and/or change your number:
https://www.sky.com/help/home/sky-yahoo-mail/two-step-verif/articles/two-step-verification

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If someone has helped you then please click on the LIKES button in their post.
If you need help please provide as much information as you can
oracle7
Topic Author
This message was authored by oracle7 This message was authored by: oracle7

I tried turning off two step verifiation and it couldn't send me the code because I had tried too many times.just have to wait longer.I originally asked the question because I had the same problem last year and a neighbour told me there was a problem because she has SKY mobile and that was down.It cleared in I think a days time,so I was wonereing if SKy mobile is down.

This message was authored by Mark39 This message was authored by: Mark39

The Recovery Code (to turn off two step verification) is displayed on screen when you first set up two step verification, with a recommendation from Sky, that you have to acknowledge on screen, that you keep a separate note of it. It's also sent to you by email at the same time. It's not sent again.

oracle7
Topic Author
This message was authored by oracle7 This message was authored by: oracle7 Answer

All back to normal now,don't know the cause but that's life.Thanks for advice.

I'd suggest keeping a note of your Recovery Code safely so that you can turn off 2 step verification if you have future problems.

This message was authored by BAT This message was authored by: BAT

Hello,

I encounter the same troubles: For 10 days I am not able to connect.

They send me a verification code but I've never received it, as so many. I checked my phone twice, I called my phone operator, the trouble comes from YAHOO wich was confirmed by YAHOO customers' service.

When I called the international customer service, after a long procedure they told me that ok it was possible for me to recover my account, but for this I HAD TO PAY. They also told me that many people had this trouble everywhere aroud the world ...

So no free service to recover my account, wich would be normal but if you pay it is OK you have the right to access your emails. So I said I would not pay, she told me that it would take a few days to recover the access. It's been almost 1 week ...

On my side, as soon as I recover an access, I'll fly away from this mail box.

@BAT Sky, not Yahoo provide support for Sky Yahoo Mail. There's no point or need to speak to Yahoo, let alone pay for their support.

The link posted earlier provides the help you need.

If you kept a separate note of the Recovery Code, as recommended by Sky when you set up 2 step verification you can use it to turn it off.

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 80 minutes

New Discussion