can I stay with sky email when yahoo leaves sky on the 17th July

Answer

Best Answers
Answer
Oracle
Post 4 of 11

Re: Yahoo email

Confirmed by Yahoo themselves here:

https://uk.help.yahoo.com/kb/yahoo-messenger-for-android/started-yahoo-messenger-sln26860.html?gucco...

Yahoo Messenger will be discontinued - After July 17, 2018 you will no longer be able to access Yahoo Messenger. Until the end of November 2018 you can download your messages and images to save to your computer or device.

__________________________________________________________________________________________.

If someone has helped you then please click on the LIKES button in their post.
I do not work for Sky.
All Replies
Oracle
Post 2 of 11

Hi @teh

What do you mean when you say Yahoo is leaving Sky in July, has something been announced somewhere ?

__________________________________________________________________________________________.

I do not work for Sky.
Boom Operator
Post 3 of 11

I have read on MacRumors that it is Yahoo Messenger that is going to discontinue on the 17th July.  

Answer
Oracle
Post 4 of 11

Confirmed by Yahoo themselves here:

https://uk.help.yahoo.com/kb/yahoo-messenger-for-android/started-yahoo-messenger-sln26860.html?gucco...

Yahoo Messenger will be discontinued - After July 17, 2018 you will no longer be able to access Yahoo Messenger. Until the end of November 2018 you can download your messages and images to save to your computer or device.

I do not work for Sky.
Oracle
Oracle
Post 5 of 11

@teh Yahoo Messenger has nothing to do with your email account

Stuart R
I am responsible for the content, but not the way it is presented, I have some sight issues
Auto-Correct is my enemy.
If this is your first post - Welcome
Sky Q - full package

imagebam.com
Researcher
Post 6 of 11

I recieved an email a 7/8 days ago Yahoo is going to discontinue with Sky.

Researcher
Post 7 of 11

This email that was sent from Yahoo mail to me!!! I ahve got Sky + box

Oracle
Post 8 of 11

Perhaps the email you recieved is a spam one as Sky are not coming away from Yahoo that we know of.

I do not work for Sky.
Researcher
Post 9 of 11

I did make a quick call to Sky and the advisor did say that Yahoo were discontinuing on the 7th July 18. 

Sky used to do their own Sky email and I wanted to find out if it would go back to Sky email when Yahoo leave

the advisor could not help me there.

Oracle
Post 10 of 11

This close to that date and nothing has been heard about this I don’t believe there is going to be any change, the last time when sky moved from Gmail it was publicised well before the date

Annie I DO NOT work for sky!

Sky Customer since 1989, Sky forum Oracle since 2012, Sky+HD user, Public beta tester for Sky, Apple & Microsoft, Computer analyst/programmer, Web designer, Xbox One X Gamer, I love technology, my main viewing is with YouTube & Twitch

when posting your issue could you please include ALL the steps you have gone through to try and fix the issue so that people do not have to waste time suggesting things you have already tried, also be as detailed as possible with the information you provide as there can never be too much, thanks

Community Manager
Post 11 of 11

Hi all,

Yahoo! Messenger (Yahoo!'s instant messaging service) will soon be ending, your Sky email service will be unaffected.

Mark
Community Manager

Take a look at the latest exclusive Sky customer offers
Recommended Threads
09-11-2018 07:01 PM
28-09-2018 12:34 AM
05-10-2018 03:21 PM
24-07-2018 06:18 PM
Mike+AR 24-10-2018 11:24 PM