Discussion topic: Unable to sign in to sky e mail via yahoo.

This message was authored by Tigersman This message was authored by: Tigersman

Unable to sign in to sky e mail via yahoo.

Hi all ! Signed in to my sky account today via my normal password to check up on my account. Whilst in there thought I would check my e mails via the Yahoo route only to be shown a message stating   " Country character in cookie value or attribute"  and was unable to progress to my e mail account.    A couple of months ago I moved from windows mail to NEW outlook and have had no problems accessing my sky/yahoo emails via NEW outlook. When setting it up I used my sky password and did not require to use a generated one as have many others on here. Could that possibly be why I am now locked out via the sky account route ?.

Best Answers
This message was authored by caesarome This message was authored by: caesarome Answer

Re: Unable to sign in to sky e mail via yahoo.

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

Try clearing all your cookies from your web browser then try again to sign in via this link:

https://skyid.sky.com/signin/email/

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If someone has helped you then please click on the LIKES button in their post.
If you need help please provide as much information as you can

View this Answer within the discussion

All Replies

This message was authored by caesarome This message was authored by: caesarome Answer

Try clearing all your cookies from your web browser then try again to sign in via this link:

https://skyid.sky.com/signin/email/

__________________________________________________________________________________________
Tigersman
Topic Author

Thanks for the very quick reply and input,  I thought of trying that myself but was a bit concerned that by doing that , it may affect my settings in my NEW outlook account and prevent me signing in via that route which works all OK . Do you think that might happen .?   

This message was authored by caesarome This message was authored by: caesarome

Outlook is a program/app that is installed on your device so deleting your cookies will play no part with it as cookies are used with web browsers and websites only.

Tigersman
Topic Author

Tried that as you very kindly suggested. Bad news is it did not work same message showing,  Good news however is that as you stated, i can still sign in via the NEW outlook.  Can I ask plese have you ever seen that message before ?    Many thanks again for your help and input!

This message was authored by Mark39 This message was authored by: Mark39

@Tigersman did you shut down all Sky websites before clearing your cookies etc? It may not clear cookies relating to an open website.

Tigersman
Topic Author

School boy error !!! Forgot to resign in with your link !   Have now done so and it has let me in !!

Many Thanks !! Just for my info  why shouldld that link let me in and not the "normal" route via my Sky account ??

Thanks again !!

This message was authored by caesarome This message was authored by: caesarome

@Tigersman wrote:

Just for my info  why shouldld that link let me in and not the "normal" route via my Sky account ??

Not sure but I find it is easier if you sign in directly via that link anyway.

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 80 minutes

New Discussion