Discussion topic: Sky not sending my code to my phone.

This message was authored by Spencer+1955 This message was authored by: Spencer+1955

Sky not sending my code to my phone.

SO dissopointed sky set up a secendry security on my sky yahoo account. When I sign in ,ishould get a text message code. The problem is never send the code . this is going on for six weeks now.

Is there any other way I can accsess my email.

Best Answers
This message was authored by Mark39 This message was authored by: Mark39 Answer

Re: Sky not sending my code to my phone.

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Spencer+1955 wrote:

SO dissopointed sky set up a secendry security on my sky yahoo account. When I sign in ,ishould get a text message code. The problem is never send the code . this is going on for six weeks now.

Only two reasons I can think of why you're not receiving the verification code: either you entered your mobile number incorrectly when you set up 2 step verification, or there's a problem with your mobile provider (if it's Sky, there's no problem, to my knowledge).

If you made a note of the Recovery Code as recommended on screen you can use it to turn off 2 step verificaiton.

View this Answer within the discussion

All Replies

This message was authored by caesarome This message was authored by: caesarome

@Spencer+1955 wrote:

You have two options:

Turn off 2 step authentication so that you do not need these code each time you want to login.

Use an email app instead.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If someone has helped you then please click on the LIKES button in their post.
If you need help please provide as much information as you can
This message was authored by Mark39 This message was authored by: Mark39 Answer

@Spencer+1955 wrote:

Only two reasons I can think of why you're not receiving the verification code: either you entered your mobile number incorrectly when you set up 2 step verification, or there's a problem with your mobile provider (if it's Sky, there's no problem, to my knowledge).

If you made a note of the Recovery Code as recommended on screen you can use it to turn off 2 step verificaiton.

This message was authored by jayach This message was authored by: jayach

@Mark39 wrote:

Only two reasons I can think of why you're not receiving the verification code: either you entered your mobile number incorrectly when you set up 2 step verification,

I don't think that is possible, as you have to  enter a code sent to the number during setup.

This message was authored by Mark39 This message was authored by: Mark39

@jayach wrote:

@Mark39 wrote:

Only two reasons I can think of why you're not receiving the verification code: either you entered your mobile number incorrectly when you set up 2 step verification,

I don't think that is possible, as you have to  enter a code sent to the number during setup.

Good point. I'd forgotten that. 

Spencer+1955
Topic Author
This message was authored by Spencer+1955 This message was authored by: Spencer+1955

All the clever people in the Sky community,

If I set up a two-stage varafaction, it worked for a while and then stopped, which means they have the correct phone number. And it is automatic. So Sky is not working correctly.

Why blame the everyday person with the clever first answer that comes into your head?

This message was authored by caesarome This message was authored by: caesarome

Nobody is blaming anyone, we are just trying to figure out what is happening from the information you  have provided.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If someone has helped you then please click on the LIKES button in their post.
If you need help please provide as much information as you can

Report it to Sky. Meanwhile you can use the Recovery Code to turn off 2 step verification 

This message was authored by jayach This message was authored by: jayach

Sky have attempted to set up a method of recovering from the loss of access to the 2FA service.

It doesn't seem to work too well, but at least give it a try.

Here are the details if you haven't already given it a go.

Two Step Verification for Sky Yahoo Mail | Sky Help | Sky.com

It does at least give an indidation of the number it is using, so you should be able to confirm it has the correct one. 

jayach_0-1703698647494.png

This message was authored by Tazel This message was authored by: Tazel

I know my mobile number . It's just i've changed it. I don't have the recovery code. Now i can't get access to my email.

@Tazel wrote:

I know my mobile number . It's just i've changed it. I don't have the recovery code. Now i can't get access to my email.

Try the 'turn off or change number' link.

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 80 minutes

New Discussion