Sky email sign-in and then sign-in at Yahoo again

New Viewer
Post 1 of 25

Sky email sign-in and then sign-in at Yahoo again

Can someone explain to me why when I sign into sky email i am diverted to Yahoo email whom I have to sign into

again this is realy getting peculiar having to sign in with 2 companies.

Sky hasnt replied at the tie of this postin.

Has anyone had the same thing happening to them?

All Replies
Oracle
Post 2 of 25

Re: Sky email sign-in and then sign-in at Yahoo again

Hi @coverdale

This usually happens when there are login problems of which this happens regually. All you can do is to leave it for a while and then try again to see login via the sky login only.

You can also use the Yahoo only login screen if you want.

__________________________________________________________________________________________.

If someone has helped you then please click on the LIKES button in their post.
I do not work for Sky.
New Viewer
Post 3 of 25

Has happened many times since Yahoo came into play.  Happening just too long at the moment. BUT heres the thing, my Windows phone is fine, my dell laptop isn't.
I tried everything, cleaned cache, ccleaned, run Norton, Malware bytes, cleared registry.

All very worrying when Yahoo is not known for security.  Good job I have a HIPSY running to stop any bad stuff

Researcher
Post 4 of 25

This has also happened to me a few times.  I have tried signing into Yahoo but it doesn't accept my Sky email log in information.  I am assuming I also need a separate Yahoo account to log into this but I don't want another email account.  If it carries on I will be getting rid of Sky.

Oracle
Post 5 of 25

@cagsy62 wrote:

This has also happened to me a few times.  I have tried signing into Yahoo but it doesn't accept my Sky email log in information.  I am assuming I also need a separate Yahoo account to log into this but I don't want another email account.  If it carries on I will be getting rid of Sky.

You can use any email provider you like, no need to get rid of sky if it is only email that is the problem, I’ve been using outlook and gmail for years with far far fewer issues than yahoo! 

Annie I DO NOT work for sky!

Sky Customer since 1989, Sky forum Oracle since 2012, Sky+HD user, Public beta tester for Sky, Apple & Microsoft, Computer analyst/programmer, Web designer, Xbox One X Gamer, I love technology, my main viewing is with YouTube & Twitch

when posting your issue could you please include ALL the steps you have gone through to try and fix the issue so that people do not have to waste time suggesting things you have already tried, also be as detailed as possible with the information you provide as there can never be too much, thanks

Researcher
Post 6 of 25

Hi Annie

Yes I know I can use any email provider - I have a gmail account too.  Sorry what I meant when I said "get rid of Sky" was get rid of Sky emails.  I would rather not do this though as this is my main email account which most of my correspondence goes through.

Oracle
Post 7 of 25

Set up your gmail account to access your sky mailbox then you can gradually move everything to gmail which in my opinion is your best move

Sky Customer since 1989, Sky forum Oracle since 2012, Sky+HD user, Public beta tester for Sky, Apple & Microsoft, Computer analyst/programmer, Web designer, Xbox One X Gamer, I love technology, my main viewing is with YouTube & Twitch

when posting your issue could you please include ALL the steps you have gone through to try and fix the issue so that people do not have to waste time suggesting things you have already tried, also be as detailed as possible with the information you provide as there can never be too much, thanks

Runner
Post 8 of 25

Yes, I've had the same problem for well over a week!  It doesn't recognise my password then asked me about a number-  I've no idea what it is(!) - then it shows me a 'gmail' address that I do not have, so I get nowhere!  Weird! I called Sky last week about it an they said there was a problem, but I can't believe it's been going on this long!

Boom Operator
Post 9 of 25

same here i put my user name and password in correctly and yahoo rejects  them saying incorrect , gonna phone sky to get it deleated as i dont needit got my gmail which is the main thing and a million times better.

Runner
Post 10 of 25

Hi,

Not only has this started happening to me, but then Yahoo tells me that it doesn't recognise my account either.  Then, several minutes after I try various online help options, mysteriously I get connected.  It is extremely frustrating - as is the fact that Sky offer no telephone number or emal address for help.

Peter

Oracle
Post 11 of 25

Just use sky’s standard call centre 📞 number

To contact sky use this link: Contact Sky or for Accessibility customers
Calls to Sky contact centres are inclusive for Sky Mobile and Sky talk customers. If you’re not with Sky Talk/Mobile 03 numbers are usually charged at a local rate and may be included in your calls package.

Runner
Post 12 of 25

Hi

This is happening to me also, did it ages a go then had no issues (Prob 2 years ago)  but just Randomly started again, this is soemthing SKY should take up with YAHOO on behalf of all customer as they are contracting th Email to them, if they cant sort, STOP using YAHOO as the provider !! Simple really we pay enough in Subscriptions to SKY so they should sort it out.

Oracle
Post 13 of 25

You can stop using Sky Yahoo mail any time you choose. Not sure there's any other third party email provider Sky can use. Any suggestions?

Boom Operator
Post 14 of 25

Having the same issues, Won't accept my login, it has only started happening in the last couple of months, Really frustrating. 

They could move back to gmail, which they used to use before they moved over to this rubbish known as Yahoo. 

Oracle
Post 15 of 25

@Mattey wrote:

Having the same issues, Won't accept my login, it has only started happening in the last couple of months, Really frustrating. 

They could move back to gmail, which they used to use before they moved over to this rubbish known as Yahoo. 

Google stopped providing email to ISPs so no sky cannot go back to Gmail even if they wanted to, but there is absolutely nothing stopping individual customers from moving back to Gmail 😎🤓👍🏻

Recommended Threads
09-08-2018 07:47 PM
Zoeelouisee 23-07-2018 03:34 PM
Friday 07:18 PM
13-10-2018 08:54 AM
2 weeks ago 09:29 AM