Discussion topic: Sky ID - Husbands email account was unlinked from my ID -email now locked - need access

This message was authored by Alimay2909 This message was authored by: Alimay2909

Sky ID - Husbands email account was unlinked from my ID -email now locked - need access

Husband and I both have Sky ID's.  Original ID was my husbands but we cancelled the tv on his account when we moved house and could not install sky.  We moved again and I ordered sky and my sky ID was linked to his ID.  We both have sky emails.  

Husband locked his email account when he put in the wrong password.  He tried to get it unlocked but nothing worked.  I rang Sky and they could find his email account which was linked to my sky ID but there was a message on sky system to say unlink account.  I asked the customer services not to unlink  but they went ahead and did it anyway and eventually i got through to a supervisor who could no longer find my husbands email account.  

He eventually tried using the sign in helper on yahoo and managed to get into his email account but he cannot change his password as there is simply no option to do it.  We have followed all instructions but when we go into his account info, it reverts to my SKY ID and the email inbox changes to mine.

The only way we can get back into his email account is to use the sign in helper.  Can anyone help us please to get his account unlocked so he can get into his email account without having to use the sign in helper.  We have both had these accounts for over 15 years and losing access is really not an option.

All Replies

This message was authored by caesarome This message was authored by: caesarome

Re: Sky ID - Husbands email account was unlinked from my ID -email now locked - need access

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Alimay2909 

Make sure you are signed out of this website and all other Sky sites then try getting your husband to use this link:

https://skyid.sky.com/resetpassword/

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If someone has helped you then please click on the LIKES button in their post.
If you need help please provide as much information as you can
Alimay2909
Topic Author
This message was authored by Alimay2909 This message was authored by: Alimay2909

Re: Sky ID - Husbands email account was unlinked from my ID -email now locked - need access

Hi, we tried the link but it asked for resetting a memorable date and it will not accept the date.  It is the same date that is always used.  We also tried asking for a reset link to be emailed but nothing was received in our recovery email account or in my husbands email (which we can access via sign in helper).  I am at a complete loss on how we can get into his account but there is no way to change the password and unlockk the account.  Would you know any other way to try and get his account unlocked?

We have spoken to a sky customer service person who was very helpful and she was looking for a direct debit ref number from a bank statement which I have eventually found and with that number she would have been able to get into the account but unfortunately I do not know her name or how to get to her again.

Have you tried calling the number shown here:

https://www.sky.com/help/articles/how-to-unlock-your-sky-account

__________________________________________________________________________________________
Alimay2909
Topic Author

Hi, yes we have been on the phone 3 times with different people.  We were told it had to go to a special department but the only way to get to that department is using the chat bot.  We have tried the chat bot and can get it to send out query to the special department

Alimay2909
Topic Author

apologies - cannot get chat bot  to send to special department

I would give it a few days or at least until tomorrow before trying again as this issue you are having is finding someone that knows how to unlock the account. This happened to me a few years ago with your main Sky email account and address and did take a number of calls before I go through to someone who knew how to unlock the account.

Alimay2909
Topic Author

Thank you  for trying to help.  Will try ringing again.  I think it is time to start looking for another email provider as this is crazy and very worrying.  

Gmail from Google is a good one and is what I now use as issues like this just don't happen with them. There is also Outlook from Microsoft.

This message was authored by jayach This message was authored by: jayach

@Alimay2909 

What is the "sign in helper", I've not heard of such a thing?

If you husband can log in here: https://www.sky.com/myaccount/my-details he should be able to reset the security question and then use it to change his password.

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 80 minutes

New Discussion