Discussion topic: Sky Email - Unable to sign in with Outlook/G-Mail

This message was authored by jobsworth666 This message was authored by: jobsworth666

Sky Email - Unable to sign in with Outlook/G-Mail

I have been unable to set up Sky email using Outlook and Gmail. I first noticed the problem when I was helping a family member assign Sky email to Outlook (it stopped working for some reason). It didn't work. I tried with Gmail and the same thing happened. I am able to log in and see emails via Sky.com webmail, so the password is correct and working.

I also have a Sky email account which is active and accessible via Sky.com webmail. I tried to access my emails with Outlook and Gmail, but again I was unable to do it. However, when I tried to connect my Gmail account to Outlook, this worked.

Is there a problem with Sky/Yahoo mail ?

@sky.com

All Replies

This message was authored by Mark39 This message was authored by: Mark39

Re: Sky Email - Unable to sign in with Outlook/G-Mail

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

No, but you have to use a generated app password rather than your normal Sky password when you set up Sky Yahoo Mail in Outlook.

Explanatory details and a link to the app password generator in Sky's help guide here: https://www.sky.com/help/articles/problems-accessing-sky-mail-from-your-email-app

jobsworth666
Topic Author
This message was authored by jobsworth666 This message was authored by: jobsworth666

Jayzus that was quick !

Thank you @Mark39 . I'll give it a go !

jobsworth666
Topic Author

OK. So I tried that on Outlook (latest version) and after entering my email address got the message 'We are unable to process your request at this time. Please try again in 1 hour' !

would it actually work in one hour or ....

jobsworth666
Topic Author

OK. So I tried that on Outlook (latest version) and after entering my email address got the message 'We are unable to process your request at this time. Please try again in 1 hour' !

would it actually work in one hour or ....

@Mark39

This message was authored by Mark39 This message was authored by: Mark39

Probably not...

Are you using the Outlook app or an Outlook client like Outlook 2019/365 etc? If you're using the app, select Yahoo or Other, when you set up Sky Yahoo Mail. If you choose Other, you'll need these settings:

Incoming Mail (IMAP) Server

Server - imap.tools.sky.com
Port - 993
Requires SSL - Yes

Outgoing Mail (SMTP) Server

Server - smtp.tools.sky.com
Port - 465
Requires SSL - Yes
Requires authentication - Yes

jobsworth666
Topic Author

Hi. Using the Outlook app on Android. I'll give what you suggested a shot 👍@Mark39 

This message was authored by jayach This message was authored by: jayach

If you set it up as "other", you will need to use a generated password.

jobsworth666
Topic Author

@jayach Thanks. But I can't even get onto the password screen 'Please try again in 59 minutes' or '5434 minutes' it said when I tried yesterday. Same issue when I try using the Yahoo app !

I've had the same problem myself when trying to install Sky|Yahoo. I suspect something is wrong with the OAuth registration servers.

It will work if you use "other" and the Sky servers with a generated password.

https://www.sky.com/sky-yahoo-mail/manage-apps

Edit: With Outlook app you have to choose "NOT YAHOO" in the top right hand corner.

jobsworth666
Topic Author

Thanks @jayach 

I can sign in using Other on my laptop, but Outlook on my Android phone doesn't give me that option, and it isn't letting me get to the password page anyway. 

Really appreciate your help 👍 

I added a line to my previous reply, you may not have seen it.

With the Outlook app, you need to choose "NOT YAHOO" in the top right hand corner, to be able to use the Sky servers. 

outlook.png

jobsworth666
Topic Author

Thanks @jayach . Definitely not straitforward ! You would think that Yahoo/Sky could sort this out between them for the sake of non tech savvies like me !

I'll keep trying ! Thanks

jobsworth666
Topic Author

Cracked it ! Cheers @jayach @Mark39 

This message was authored by Cjohn100 This message was authored by: Cjohn100

Hi how did you sort this mine just keeps going back to wait an hr ?

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 80 minutes

New Discussion