Discussion topic: Scores of spam e mails arrikve every day

This message was authored by Franky+Hayes This message was authored by: Franky+Hayes

Scores of spam e mails arrikve every day

My Spam originator blocked folder is full to the brim and there is no room to enter any more.  Spam e mails are still comining in daily by the score and I am getting really fed up deleting the spam folder contents daily.  What can Sky do about this considering I am paying Sky for a service? 

All Replies

This message was authored by Mark39 This message was authored by: Mark39

Re: Scores of spam e mails arrikve every day

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

Sky Yahoo Mail is a service provided free to Sky customers and ex customers. There's no point blocking spam originators as they'll simply use a slightly different address to avoid it. Better to just mark them as spam, and Yahoo's spam filters will learn over time to identify them as spam. There's no need to empty the spam folder. The contents will be deleted automatically after a while.

This message was authored by GD1 This message was authored by: GD1

@Franky+Hayes wrote:

My Spam originator blocked folder is full to the brim and there is no room to enter any more.  Spam e mails are still comining in daily by the score and I am getting really fed up deleting the spam folder contents daily.  What can Sky do about this considering I am paying Sky for a service? 

You don't pay for an email service with Sky,  check your bill, do you see any charge for you email account?

As advised it's a free email account.  Sky like any other email provider can't stop spam emails.  

Like you I'm a customer here, Sky Employees are clearly identified as such.
43" Glass TV & Puck Whole Home
Please note I only provide help on the main forums and not via PM, PM's are switched off.

This message was authored by jayach This message was authored by: jayach

If spam is being put in the spam folder, that is what is supposed to happen. No need to delete them, that will happen automatically. Just check it now and then, in case of "false positives", and mark them as "not spam" to return them to the inbox.

The blocked list is not for spam, it's for genuine emails that you no longer wish to see.

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 80 minutes

New Discussion