Discussion topic: Not received any Spam emails for a couple of months

This message was authored by mazzadon This message was authored by: mazzadon

Not received any Spam emails for a couple of months

I have not received any spam emails for a couple of months which is unusual as I get quite a bit of spam. Also quite a few of my legitimate emails  were ending up in spam. I'm worried now as I haven't received a couple of important emails recently but there's nothing new showing in spam. 

Any advice would be great!

All Replies

This message was authored by caesarome This message was authored by: caesarome

Re: Not received any Spam emails for a couple of months

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

I wouldn't worry about not seeing any spam as they could well be being blocked by Yahoo before they hit your account but as for these important emails can you be sure that they were sent, if so would it be possible to get them sent again but perhaps to an alternative email account if you have one to see if they then come through.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If someone has helped you then please click on the LIKES button in their post.
If you need help please provide as much information as you can
This message was authored by jayach This message was authored by: jayach

I really don't think Sky|Yahoo would block emails, unless they were in your bocked list.

Any emails detected as spam should go to your spam folder.Personally I find the spam filter works quite well, but some do get through and occasionally there are false positives.

Checking the spam folder regularly is a must.

mazzadon
Topic Author

Hi @jayach @caesarome 

Thanks for your advice 

There is definitely something wrong because I have had not one single spam email in over a month. I've been checking  every day this week just to be sure and nothing.  There are no filters and I can see my blocked list no problem. I'm just worried that they are being automatically deleted somehow along with some genuine mail 

This message was authored by Mark39 This message was authored by: Mark39

By way of perspective, I've had no spam email via Sky Yahoo Mail for months. I've not seen other reports here of problems with genuine emails being filtered out before reaching customer mailboxes. That said, nothing is impossible - email has never been a guaranteed messaging system, though it's generally extraordinarily reliable.

If you're worried, perhaps consider an alternative email provider?

mazzadon
Topic Author

@Mark39 It's reassuring to know it's not just me that has not received any spam mail for a while.  

I'll just keep an eye on the situation.

Thanks again everyone!

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 80 minutes

New Discussion