Discussion topic: No print button or menu option to print an email on iPad or iPhone

This message was authored by Frank's+here This message was authored by: Frank's+here

No print button or menu option to print an email on iPad or iPhone

I have noticed recently that my mobile devices no longer have any way to print an email. iPad and IPhone whether using Safari or Firefox do not have that option under the 3  dots saying " more".  There is of course the share button which is part of IOS, (not the mail website)  which allows print as an option, but this prints all the visible screen, not just email contents.

Has any other IOS users noticed this? I did find another discussion reporting identical problems with Android devices, which never seemed to be resolved. What am I missing, have the website developers forgotten something?

This discussion has been locked

Sorry, you can't reply to this discussion as it's been locked by our Community Managers.

All Replies

This message was authored by jayach This message was authored by: jayach

Re: No print button or menu option to print an email on iPad or iPhone

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

If, as you suggest, you are using a browser then switching temporarily to the desktop site should enable the normal print button.

Opera Snapshot_mail.yahoo.com.png

Frank's+here
Topic Author
This message was authored by Frank's+here This message was authored by: Frank's+here

Thanks but no. As I said, the share button provided by IOS does have a print option, but it prints the whole web page including icons, folders whatever is on screen. It does not just print the email. The more button does not have a print option unortunately.

Frank's+here
Topic Author

That would be fine, if that option existed. There is no “switch to desktop site” on iPad and iPhones for Sky yahoo mail. Thanks for the suggestion though.

I don't know Apple devices but the switch to desk mode/view should be available in all mobile browsers.

Does this help? https://www.businessinsider.com/how-to-request-desktop-site-on-ios-13

For Chrome it is usually at the at the bottom of the options you get when you select the three dots.

Edit: Just a query, but why not use the email app?

Frank's+here
Topic Author

Well my iPhone won’t upgrade to IOS 13, it’s not the latest phone. However my brand new IPad Pro does offer a switch to the desktop version via a menu accessed from the search bar. The bad news is there is no difference between the two versions of the site as seen on the IPad. There is still no print option. 

In answer  to the question why not use the app I say what app? I didn’t know there was one!

The email app is included with all Apple devices.

https://support.apple.com/en-gb/HT201320

@Frank's+here wrote:

However my brand new IPad Pro does offer a switch to the desktop version via a menu accessed from the search bar. The bad news is there is no difference between the two versions of the site as seen on the IPad. There is still no print option. 

In answer  to the question why not use the app I say what app? I didn’t know there was one!

You do have to have the email open to see it.

It has to be there in desktop view as is is a function of the Yahoo webpage, and it should look very different (and very small) in desktop mode.

Does it not look like the picture I posted earlier when you have an email open?

What version of iOS is on the iPhone?

Frank's+here
Topic Author

Thanks for your suggestions. Yes, I know the email has to be open, and no it does not look anything like the picture you showed earlier. On the IPad Pro 12.9 inch - switching between desktop and mobile sites has no effect. It defaults to desktop mode presumably because the screen is so large. Asking for the mobile site is ignored on all the sites I've tried so far.
There simply is no print icon or print option on the page of an open email. My iPhone is IOS 12.5.2 and options to switch to desktop mode are site specific. If it's not offered, you can't get it. It's not offered on Sky email.

As for the app, I misunderstood what you meant. I thought you were talking about a Sky email specific app, as I know there is a Yahoo mail specific app, which doesn't work for SKY. Yes I do use the IOS mail app, for other email providers. I prefer to keep mine and my wife's 3 Sky addresses completely separate, life is less complicated that way.

I really would like to hear from other IPad or IPhone users so they can confirm my findings. All that is required is for Sky to fix the issue.😀

I don't have any Apple devices, but I have a friend who does, and I will try on his if I get the chance.

Sky email will definitely work in the Yahoo app, if you can stand the adverts.

If you want to keep the emails separate you could use Outlook for the Sky emails and the iOS mail app for others.

Frank's+here
Topic Author

Thank you for your help. 🙂

This discussion has been locked

Sorry, you can't reply to this discussion as it's been locked by our Community Managers.

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

New Discussion