Discussion topic: Keep getting email off yahoo saying I need to change to newer version is it a scam?

This message was authored by R+boyce This message was authored by: R+boyce

Keep getting email off yahoo saying I need to change to newer version is it a scam?

I constantly get emails from yahoo saying I need up update my details as the old version is about to close down how do I know it's not a scam? they just call me dear sky user never by my name. 

Best Answers
This message was authored by GD1 This message was authored by: GD1 Answer

Re: Keep getting email off yahoo saying I need to change to newer version is it a scam?

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@R+boyce  It's a scam, mark as spam & delete and do the same to all other similar emails.

Like you I'm a customer here, Sky Employees are clearly identified as such.
43" Glass TV & Puck Whole Home
Please note I only provide help on the main forums and not via PM, PM's are switched off.

View this Answer within the discussion

All Replies

This message was authored by GD1 This message was authored by: GD1 Answer

Re: Keep getting email off yahoo saying I need to change to newer version is it a scam?

@R+boyce  It's a scam, mark as spam & delete and do the same to all other similar emails.

Like you I'm a customer here, Sky Employees are clearly identified as such.
43" Glass TV & Puck Whole Home
Please note I only provide help on the main forums and not via PM, PM's are switched off.

This message was authored by jayach This message was authored by: jayach

@R+boyce wrote:

how do I know it's not a scam? they just call me dear sky user never by my name. 

That's how you know it is a scam. Sky|Yahoo would always address you by name.

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 80 minutes

New Discussion