Discussion topic: I need to change to a Sky email address.

This message was authored by Pat74 This message was authored by: Pat74

I need to change to a Sky email address.

I've just switched from Virgin to Sky and have a blueyonder email address. Virgin does not allow me to continue using this so I need to set up a Sky email address. There doesn't seem to be any guidance about this on the website and the phone has long queues 

Best Answers
This message was authored by Mark39 This message was authored by: Mark39 Answer

Re: I need to change to a Sky email address.

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

Welcome to the forum @Pat74 🙂

Just so you know, we're mainly customers here. 

I'm afraid Sky no longer allow new Sky Yahoo Mail addresses. I'd suggest Gmail as an alternative.

View this Answer within the discussion

All Replies

This message was authored by Mark39 This message was authored by: Mark39 Answer

Welcome to the forum @Pat74 🙂

Just so you know, we're mainly customers here. 

I'm afraid Sky no longer allow new Sky Yahoo Mail addresses. I'd suggest Gmail as an alternative.

Pat74
Topic Author
This message was authored by Pat74 This message was authored by: Pat74

Thanks very much Mark. I suspected that was the case but wanted Sky to confirm it. Seems unlikely unless the phones get answered!

This message was authored by Elsiemary1302 This message was authored by: Elsiemary1302

I have switched from Virgin Media to Sky. Virgin Media notified we can keep blueyonder email address for 90 days.  How do i set up a Sky email address?  

This message was authored by jayach This message was authored by: jayach

If you had read the previous replies, you would know it's not possible.

Get one at Outlook.com or Gmail. Other suppliers are available.

This message was authored by Elsiemary1302 This message was authored by: Elsiemary1302

Thank you for reply.   I am told the  Sky salesman probably gave 'lip-service' in favour of 'keeping our email' in order to get the sale.  

This message was authored by Mik+stup This message was authored by: Mik+stup

Apologies for resurrecting an old post (just happened to stumble across it!)but this may still be relevant to OP or anyone else switching ...

I left Virgin in January 2022 and was under the impression my blue yonder email account would be closed after 3 months. I switched over all the important stuff to gmail, however I forgot a couple of addresses, needn't have worried....

it's now nearly May 2023, and I'm still using my old blue yonder account to send and receive emails after 16 months and counting....

obviously wouldn't recommend using it for important stuff, but try using it, you may find it still works!

Thank you.   I have arranged a 'gmail' email address for both of us.  Interesting to see your 'blueyonder' still 'active'.  There are so many people, companies, etc to notify, so hopefully those i have missed out will still be  active in our previous blueyonder email address. 

This message was authored by Jumpingbean This message was authored by: Jumpingbean

Thank you for your helpful answers. I changed both our blueyonder addresses for gmail ones, but the blueyonder ones, as noted, are still active so I'm getting the wanted and unwanted from there

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 80 minutes

New Discussion