Discussion topic: I have changed my mobile number and my verification code got sent to my old number

This message was authored by spaffy This message was authored by: spaffy

I have changed my mobile number and my verification code got sent to my old number

Detail above 

All Replies

This message was authored by GD1 This message was authored by: GD1

Re: I have changed my mobile number and my verification code got sent to my old number

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@spaffy  Did you update the mobile number within your email account before changing the number on your phone?

Like you I'm a customer here, Sky Employees are clearly identified as such.
43" Glass TV & Puck Whole Home
Please note I only provide help on the main forums and not via PM, PM's are switched off.

This message was authored by Mark39 This message was authored by: Mark39

Re: I have changed my mobile number and my verification code got sent to my old number

@spaffy use your Recovery Code (you did keep a separate note of it as Sky recommended?) to turn off 2 step login. You can then set it up again with the new mobile number.

spaffy
Topic Author

I don't have a recovery code, wouldn't know where to find, I set up my email over a decade ago 

spaffy
Topic Author

Nope, tried ringing sky very unhelpful 

This message was authored by Mark39 This message was authored by: Mark39

@spaffy if you set up 2 step login, a Recovery Code was displayed on screen, and sent by email to you.

2 step login was offered within the last 12 months or so, so nothing to do with when you set up your email account. 

What happens when you try to sign in here: https://www.sky.com/signin/email Error message?

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 80 minutes

New Discussion