Discussion topic: I Have had my email account hijacked

This message was authored by Redfox6475 This message was authored by: Redfox6475

I Have had my email account hijacked

Firstly I have been using [email address removed] as an email address for a number of years. But over the weekend I received a message that my email account had been passed to another person of a different name. With that my email account has dissapeared. I cannot sign into my Sky accouny ie Braodband TV and Talk. Also numerous application have ceased working because my email was my user name. I have tried unsuccesfully to contact sky for assistance but nothing. Any advice would be welcome

Moderator note: personally identifiable information removed

All Replies

This message was authored by Mark39 This message was authored by: Mark39

Re: I Have had my email account hijacked

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Redfox6475 wrote:

Firstly I have been using [email address removed] as an email address for a number of years. But over the weekend I received a message that my email account had been passed to another person of a different name.

I've never heard of that before. Email accounts can't be transferred to someone else. Whi was the message from? And how was it sent to you?

Can you log in here: https://www.sky.com/signin

If not, what error message do you see?

Redfox6475
Topic Author
This message was authored by Redfox6475 This message was authored by: Redfox6475

As stated the email dissapeared so can not give any further details other than the email address changed to some other name at an utlook account. I can not get into my sky account, bills or personal details

This message was authored by DaveB6303 This message was authored by: DaveB6303

My father in Law has the same issue. Tries to log into sky.com email but told incorrect password. when trying to reset memorable question has been changed. can get into account on mobile app my sky and it shows that multiple packages have been added to his account. What does an 80 year old wnat with kids tv!!??

No direct number to call to resolve this just computer automated messages that tell you to log into your account.............................he cant!!!

Any help even if its just a phone number greatly appreciated

Oh and his facebook has been hijacked as well

@Mark39 wrote:

Can you log in here: https://www.sky.com/signin

If not, what error message do you see?

It's difficult to gain any clarity on what has happened here. You didn't give any answer on the above.

And have you spoken to Sky? What did they say?

@DaveB6303 you can find the number to call via the 'need more help' link here: https://www.sky.com/help/home

All calls are triaged by an automated bot, which I agree can be a pain to negotiate.  Try saying nothing when asked for the reason for the call, and just wait.

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 80 minutes

New Discussion