Discussion topic: How do I restore my email if my mailbox is suspended?

This message was authored by Ge0ff1 This message was authored by: Ge0ff1

How do I restore my email if my mailbox is suspended?

I have entered my email, password and authentication code and then get an error that my mailbox is suspended. How can I fix this? Yahoo says it's not their problem and sky keep passing me to different departments who don't know how to fix the issue

All Replies

This message was authored by Mark39 This message was authored by: Mark39

Re: How do I restore my email if my mailbox is suspended?

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

What exactly is the error message if you try to log in here https://www.sky.com/signin/email ?

Ge0ff1
Topic Author

It says the following:

Sky Yahoo mailbox suspended
Your Sky mailbox is suspended

To keep your account safe, Yahoo Mail has suspended access to your mailbox. You’ll need to contact Sky to reactivate your account.

This message was authored by caesarome This message was authored by: caesarome

@Ge0ff1 

What message do you see if you try to login here:

https://www.sky.com/mydetails/account-info

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If someone has helped you then please click on the LIKES button in their post.
If you need help please provide as much information as you can
Ge0ff1
Topic Author

I log in fine with that link. It's specifically the yahoo mail link which causes the error

Ge0ff1
Topic Author

Just for a bit more detail. I can log into my sky account and when I spoke to sky on the phone, they said my account isn't suspended. Only my email doesn't work and the error message says yahoo have suspended the account but I should contact sky to resolve the issue. I've also tried yahoo on the phone but they said they can't do anything and it's skys problem

This message was authored by Mark39 This message was authored by: Mark39

I don't know about any of the other regulars here, but I've never come across this before. It might be why Sky are having a hard time advising you on it.

You ,mention an authentication code in your first post - have you previously set up 2 step login for your Sky Yahoo Mail and this is the usual Verification Code sent by text to your mobile? Or is this a different aithentication code of some sort?

Ge0ff1
Topic Author

So we set up two factor authentication on the phone with them, which they thought might fix the issue but unfortunately not. 

This message was authored by Moira61 This message was authored by: Moira61

I am having the same problem, when I put my email into yahoo, it  takes me straight to sky.com with the suspended message.

When I log in on sky.com I put in password, enter the verification code, and it also takes me to the suspended message.

I have spent 2 days being passed around the houses when I call Sky.

Sky advisor now says it doesn't look suspended from her end. She will call me back.

I'm getting very worried I really need access to my email box

Hi just a thought, my email was hacked yesterday, which was what started this all off. It started sending out spam to all my contacts. I sorted it out, changed password numerous times (it kept blocking me out), and added phone number authentification as added security.  Has that happened to you before your email was suspended? 

@Moira61 wrote:

Hi just a thought, my email was hacked yesterday

I doubt your email was hacked but what might have happened is in error you responded to one of the many fake emails going around that say they are from Sky so does this ring a bell ?

__________________________________________________________________________________________

Yes I did get a dodgy email, I clicked to open it, but did not respond or click on the link, co I realised it didn't look right. But opening the email was enough for my account to start sending scam email. I thought that was hacking? anyhow that's what happened. I'm wondering if it could be linked to the email suspended issues 

@Moira61 wrote:

I'm wondering if it could be linked to the email suspended issues 

It could well be but how you would get access back I'm not sure so you would have to keep discussing this with Sky in the hope someone can help.

i have spent 2 days talking to Sky, the first to sort out the scammed email account and the second trying to get it unsuspended. I'm being sent around the houses. Repeating myself continually and being asked to try the same things over and over. I have asked if they can escalate and someone is suppose to be calling me back. I'm going to be so stuck if 20 years worth of correspondance suddently becomes inaccessible

This message was authored by jayach This message was authored by: jayach

@Ge0ff1 wrote:

So we set up two factor authentication on the phone with them, which they thought might fix the issue but unfortunately not. 

Unfortunately that is only likely to make things worse. I hope you have kept a copy of your recovery code.

You say you can log in to your Sky account, so what happens if you choose Yahoo Mail from the drop down menu in the top right hand corner. 

jayach_0-1712586579092.png

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 80 minutes

New Discussion