How do I close my sky email account?

Answered
Go to Answer
Highlighted
New Viewer
Post 1 of 12

How do I close my sky email account?

I have not been able to send or receive emails via my sky account for months now.

I now have a new account and want to get rid of the sky account all together.

How do I do this??

Answer

Best Answers
Answer
Oracle
Oracle
Post 3 of 12

Re: How do I close my sky email account?

@Annwithoutane wrote:

I have not been able to send or receive emails via my sky account for months now.

How do I do this??

With no activity it will close in six months afaik

Stuart R
I am responsible for the content, but not the way it is presented, I have some sight issues
Auto-Correct is my enemy.
If this is your first post - Welcome
Sky Q - full package
All Replies
Oracle
Post 2 of 12

Just stop using it.

Annie Sky+HD Customer since 1989 I DO NOT work for sky!
Sky forum Oracle since 2012, Public beta tester for Sky, Apple & Microsoft, Computer analyst/programmer, Web designer, Xbox One X Gamer, I love technology
Answer
Oracle
Oracle
Post 3 of 12

@Annwithoutane wrote:

How do I do this??

With no activity it will close in six months afaik

Stuart R
I am responsible for the content, but not the way it is presented, I have some sight issues
Sky Q - full package
Researcher
Post 4 of 12

I left mine dormant for 8 months and its still active...i read on the forum you can contact them and ask for them to delete it so i tried that this week...no joy im afraid they told me they cant delete yahoo email accounts...also tried a few times doing it via yahoo but they wont let me delete either....very odd.

Oracle
Post 5 of 12

I suspect the process for closing email accounts is not well understood among Sky call handlers. Sadly I can only suggest trying again, in the hope that you get an adviser who knows what needs to be done.

Researcher
Post 6 of 12

Will do Mark...but honestly its like pulling out your own teeth dealing with sky on this issue. It's not like I'm asking for something unreasonable!

Camera Assistant
Post 7 of 12

Whilst it shouldn't be necessary, raising a formal complaint might be a solution, and maybe will improve the process for others in the future.

Camera Assistant
Post 8 of 12

@martyfartpants
If you run into the same brick wall again, inform the agent of the procedure contained within this thread:
http://helpforum.sky.com/t5/Archived-Discussions/90-day-automatic-account-closure/m-p/2626540

The relevant post was marked as the answer for quick detection but @Mark-Br removed the marker by mistake. Smiley Very Happy
Researcher
Post 9 of 12

Thanks...much appreciated Smiley Happy

Editor
Post 10 of 12

Interestingly I found this link on another forum, It will be nice to know if it works.

https://yahoo.mydashboard.oath.com/delete-my-account

Camera Assistant
Post 11 of 12

@jayach wrote:

Interestingly I found this link on another forum, It will be nice to know if it works.

https://yahoo.mydashboard.oath.com/delete-my-account

The old Yahoo account delete option never worked for sky.com addresses, this one doesn't work either (it produces this error message).

Capture.PNG

Oracle
Oracle
Post 12 of 12

There is some confusion over this fircwhich apologies are offered this is the official information :

* We do have a process, where a customer can contact us and ask for their mailbox to be deleted.  We would ask that customers only request this, once they've moved/forwarded on any emails, content and contacts out of their mailbox as we cannot reinstate it.  We do have a process for colleagues to follow in the contact centre knowledge base 'Delete a Sky Yahoo! Mail account.'  This can only be completed by the email account holder contacting us on 03442 411 599.  This is the recommended way to ensure the mailbox is deleted.

* We periodically close mail accounts that haven't been logged into/used and will always advise in advance if this is to be completed by emailing our customers contact email address we have for their account.  There is not a fixed timetable for when this may happen as we conduct this in batches if necessary.

Stuart R
Sky Q - full package