Discussion topic: Followin a scam, I changed password. Lost everything. spoke to very helpful operator for nearly 2 ho

This message was authored by Mike+Dowling This message was authored by: Mike+Dowling

Followin a scam, I changed password. Lost everything. spoke to very helpful operator for nearly 2 ho

Became a third-party victim in a scam. I changed password on yahoo mail account, but got no joy. Spoke for nearly 2 hours to operator trying to resolve problem which got me back on. But after a short time I was still not able to receive or send email. I cannot use 2 step verification (Mobile not available) so I need a simple secure fix. 

When signed in I get no new messages, and cannot my contacts list. 

All Replies

This message was authored by Mark39 This message was authored by: Mark39

Re: Followin a scam, I changed password. Lost everything. spoke to very helpful operator for nearly

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

Typically what happens is that the hacker sets up a filter to divert your incoming email elsewhere. Goodness knows what they achieve by doing so, other than causing a nuisance. Check via Settings > More Settings > Filters.

Also check your 'reply to' address via Settings > More Settings > Mailboxes > Your email address > reply-to address

You'll likely need to do so on a PC or laptop or a device which supports 'desktop mode'.

Make sure you're using a strong password - 8 characters, letters and numbers, not a word you would find in a dictionary or a pet's name etc.

This message was authored by GD1 This message was authored by: GD1

Re: Followin a scam, I changed password. Lost everything. spoke to very helpful operator for nearly

@Mike+Dowling  Your duplicate thread created a few minutes ago has been removed, you already have this thread which has been responded to. 

Like you I'm a customer here, Sky Employees are clearly identified as such.
43" Glass TV & Puck Whole Home
Please note I only provide help on the main forums and not via PM, PM's are switched off.

This message was authored by caesarome This message was authored by: caesarome

@Mike+Dowling 

You said in your other post:

I have tried a repair but when go  to Settings>More settings>Filters, I have not got that available.

These settings (not a repair) are available via your online account here:

https://skyid.sky.com/signin/email/

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If someone has helped you then please click on the LIKES button in their post.
If you need help please provide as much information as you can
Mike+Dowling
Topic Author
This message was authored by Mike+Dowling This message was authored by: Mike+Dowling

I can get into my email account, but cannot receive any mail. My inbox shows 'empty' and it seems that all mails are being held somewhere. How do I recover them, and reply to them?

This message was authored by caesarome This message was authored by: caesarome

Have a read of this as it might be worth a try:

https://help.yahoo.com/kb/SLN2552.html

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If someone has helped you then please click on the LIKES button in their post.
If you need help please provide as much information as you can

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 80 minutes

New Discussion