Discussion topic: Does anyone know if the emails about updating yahoo mail accounts are legit, or are they scams?

This message was authored by AndyNM This message was authored by: AndyNM

Does anyone know if the emails about updating yahoo mail accounts are legit, or are they scams?

Does anyone know if the emails about updating yahoo mail accounts are legit, or are they scams?

Best Answers
This message was authored by Mark39 This message was authored by: Mark39 Answer

Re: Does anyone know if the emails about updating yahoo mail accounts are legit, or are they scams?

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

Yes. They're an attempt to scam you. There are no updates for Sky Yahoo Mail accounts. Just mark them as spam.

View this Answer within the discussion

All Replies

This message was authored by Mark39 This message was authored by: Mark39 Answer

Re: Does anyone know if the emails about updating yahoo mail accounts are legit, or are they scams?

Yes. They're an attempt to scam you. There are no updates for Sky Yahoo Mail accounts. Just mark them as spam.

This message was authored by GD1 This message was authored by: GD1

@AndyNM  A search on the forum will return 100's of emails posts about this.  It is a scam.

Like you I'm a customer here, Sky Employees are clearly identified as such.
43" Glass TV & Puck Whole Home
Please note I only provide help on the main forums and not via PM, PM's are switched off.

AndyNM
Topic Author
This message was authored by AndyNM This message was authored by: AndyNM

Thanks. I was pretty sure it was, but they're getting so good at looking genuine.  

Hate them!!!

This message was authored by ScaryLion This message was authored by: ScaryLion

I am getting 30+ emails like this every week. All from different people. All deleted. Just very annoying!!! 

This message was authored by Mark39 This message was authored by: Mark39

@ScaryLion wrote:

I am getting 30+ emails like this every week. All from different people. All deleted. Just very annoying!!! 

Are you marking them as spam? Doing that should reduce the number over time.

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 80 minutes

New Discussion