Discussion topic: Constant Sky scam messages ... 8 out of 12 emails this morning. How can I stop them?

This message was authored by Steve1949 This message was authored by: Steve1949

Constant Sky scam messages ... 8 out of 12 emails this morning. How can I stop them?

I have had 12 emails this morning ... 8 of the 12 were Sky scam messages that I had to forward to abuse. How can I put a stop to these messages?

Best Answers
This message was authored by Mark39 This message was authored by: Mark39 Answer

Re: Constant Sky scam messages ... 8 out of 12 emails this morning. How can I stop them?

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

Realistically the only way you might be successful in reducing or eliminating them is to change to a different email provider.

If you want to stick with Sky Yahoo Mail, all you can do is continue to mark them as spam and eventually the 'system' should learn and divert them to your spam folder.

View this Answer within the discussion

All Replies

This message was authored by Mark39 This message was authored by: Mark39 Answer

Re: Constant Sky scam messages ... 8 out of 12 emails this morning. How can I stop them?

Realistically the only way you might be successful in reducing or eliminating them is to change to a different email provider.

If you want to stick with Sky Yahoo Mail, all you can do is continue to mark them as spam and eventually the 'system' should learn and divert them to your spam folder.

This message was authored by wotsit2u This message was authored by: wotsit2u

I get a constant stream of emails purporting to be from sky threatening that my emails will be blocked  and my account terminated unless the provided update link is clicked..It is a constant and serious attempt to defraud their customers and yet sky does nothing to prevent it with all the resources it has. 

This message was authored by Mark39 This message was authored by: Mark39

What do you expect Sky to do with emails over which they have no control?

This message was authored by caesarome This message was authored by: caesarome

@wotsit2u 

If you could invent something that could stop spam/scam/phising emails from hitting people's email accounts then you could become very rich but until then we have to use the tools that are available to us such as filters and marking them as spam in an attempt to keep them out of the inbox.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If someone has helped you then please click on the LIKES button in their post.
If you need help please provide as much information as you can

The answers avoids the question . The problem is not exactly the spam emails reaching customers accounts but the lack of communication from sky itself . First of all , the nature if the threatening emails raises fear amonst sky yahoo email customers that their accounts are about to be suspended and that emails are not delivered. They are instructed to click an update link provided which if they should fill in the information on the forms would undoubtedly lead to their accounts being hacked . The emails are sent in a constant stream and they must certainly lead many people to submit their details  . 
I haven't seen not one communication from sky informing their account holders that they are fake and not one instruction to disregard them  . This is the  problem. You cannot phone Sky to speak to an advisor  , it is difficult to even connect to the web chat to obtain information on this current spate  of emails .  Threatening emails are being sent daily. . The victims are  also elderly  and  vulnerable . The money pours in the pockets of criminals and sky just shrugs it shoulders as do those who say  " Nothing can be done"  . 

Sky offer guidance on identifying potential scams here: https://www.sky.com/help/articles/sky-scams-help

Ultimately it's a user responsibility.

How can it be the  user responsibly when its not possible to contact Sky to confirm or deny the authenticity of a recent communication which appears to come from them ?
This reply does not make any sense because new and more authentic scams are appearing in everyones mailbox  every day  . It is the clear  duty of the email provider to respond to emails  that  impersonate the company  and rndurevtheir customers are not taken in by them

I can only suggest you switch to an email provider who carries out the duty you believe they have. If you can find one.

Steve1949
Topic Author
This message was authored by Steve1949 This message was authored by: Steve1949

What is the colour of your eyes  . Blue or brown ? What feelings do you have about caring for the elderly or the poor or less able  and those who are scammed out of their pension by heartless criminals? (Removed)

Moderator note: Removed unfounded allegations.

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 80 minutes

New Discussion