Can’t send emails but can receive

Researcher
Post 1 of 16

Can’t send emails but can receive

Hello, this only started this morning, I was sending emails fine last night. I can receive emails but when I try to send they go into my outbox and I get a message ‘Cannot send mail’ the username or password for my yahoo account is incorrect.

When I go into settings it won’t let me change/see anything. Help. Thank you in advance 

All Replies
Boom Operator
Post 2 of 16

Re: Can’t send emails but can receive

I have the same issue both on my iPad and iPhone. However my Mac and email webpage is fine. 

Researcher
Post 3 of 16

I have this problem too... Can't send on Mac or iPad... Are Sky looking at this or are we going to get the normal response when there is an email issue of:

1. They are not aware of an issue

2. It is fixed... when everyone still can't use email

3. The are looking at it..... for days

Runner
Post 4 of 16

Both my wife and I are having exactly the same problem on iPad and iPhone yet if I log directly into mail.yahoo.com I can send.

Sky - what is going on?

Oracle
Post 5 of 16

It looks like there have been issues over the last 24 hours or so:

http://downdetector.co.uk/problems/yahoo-mail

All you can do is to check that you are using these settings:

Incoming Mail (IMAP) Server

Server - imap.mail.yahoo.com
Port - 993
Requires SSL - Yes

Outgoing Mail (SMTP) Server

Server - smtp.mail.yahoo.com
Port - 465
Requires SSL - Yes
Requires authentication - Yes

__________________________________________________________________________________________.

If someone has helped you then please click on the LIKES button in their post.
I do not work for Sky.
Researcher
Post 6 of 16

Hello, thank you everyone for your replies, seems like loads of people are having the same problems. I went into my local Carphone Warehouse this morning and asked them if they could do anything and they said that Sky have changed the end of their email address- so now instead of the address ending in @Sky.com he thought that it’s now @Sky.co.uk but he suggested that I should log out and log back in again and if that doesn’t work to ring Sky tomorrow. I don’t know if this will work but I’ll try. Just so frustrating, it’d be nice to be told what’s happening. If I find out anything, I’ll let you know 

Boom Operator
Post 7 of 16

Have you tried emailing .co.uk?

Oracle
Post 8 of 16

@JJack53 wrote:

Hello, thank you everyone for your replies, seems like loads of people are having the same problems. I went into my local Carphone Warehouse this morning and asked them if they could do anything and they said that Sky have changed the end of their email address- so now instead of the address ending in @Sky.com he thought that it’s now @Sky.co.uk

Sorry but that is incorrect as Sky have not chaged anything to do with their addresses as they are still .sky.com ones, did you not bother trying what I posted above ?

__________________________________________________________________________________________.

I do not work for Sky.
Researcher
Post 9 of 16

Hello, I can’t try what you suggested as I can only see the outgoing server but cannot change anything about it, as it’s greyed out and there is no mention of the incoming server. None of the options on the page give me the chance to change anything and/or make a difference to the server etc. Thanks 

Oracle
Post 10 of 16

How are you accessing your emails @JJack53, are you using an app or a program like Outlook ?

I do not work for Sky.
Boom Operator
Post 11 of 16

Mine is now working. I updated iPhone to 11.1.1 and later on it’s all good. 

Researcher
Post 12 of 16

I’m using the app on my iPhone, and I’ve updated to the latest update version 11.1.1 yesterday and after jbn1968 said theirs was fine, I’ve just gone back into try it and it’s fine. I’ve just sent a few emails just to check but yeah back to normal. I haven’t changed anything, hopefully the problem has been sorted. Really odd but very grateful that it’s back to normal and very grateful for everyone’s help and advice. Just hope everyone else can get their accounts, phones, iPads, etc sorted as well. Thank you 😊 

Boom Operator
Post 13 of 16

Great, glad it worked. Still odd how it stopped. I just wish sky would post updates so atelast we know.

Runner
Post 14 of 16

Oh my Goodness.......this worked!!! I can hardly believe it, never, ever been able to send emails, in the phone to Sky for an hour and they GAVE UP on me!!!

my settings were and Sky verified them as correct imap.tools.sky.com.   And smtp,tools.sky.com

changed it to your suggestion and for the first time ever my iPad SENT my emails.  Thank you so much! 

New Viewer
Post 15 of 16

What are the incoming and outgoing server settings please for outlook on a Mac