Discussion topic: Can't get Sky Yahoo emails on Windows 10 Mail

This message was authored by DrDub This message was authored by: DrDub

Can't get Sky Yahoo emails on Windows 10 Mail

Hi

I've checked through previous posts to this question but can't get an answer that works for me.  I've tried to add my Sky email account to Windows 10 Mail but I keep geting an error telling me to update my password or give the account permission to sync to this device.  I've tried changing passwords, deleting and adding the email account but no joy.  I don't understand what the error message is referring to.

I've seen posts containing a link to get a 16 character token but clicking on this just returns a Sky page with a 'server error' message.

Any ideas?  Thanks

Best Answers
This message was authored by caesarome This message was authored by: caesarome Answer

Re: Can't get Sky Yahoo emails on Windows 10 Mail

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

When setting it up and you asked to select a list of providers try sellecting Yahoo and then go on from there as you should then need to do is provide your email address and password.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If someone has helped you then please click on the LIKES button in their post.
If you need help please provide as much information as you can

View this Answer within the discussion

This discussion has been locked

Sorry, you can't reply to this discussion as it's been locked by our Community Managers.

All Replies

This message was authored by caesarome This message was authored by: caesarome Answer

When setting it up and you asked to select a list of providers try sellecting Yahoo and then go on from there as you should then need to do is provide your email address and password.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
This message was authored by zoar This message was authored by: zoar

@DrDub , Having selected Yahoo and entered your Sky email address and Sky ID password,  you'll be prompted to grant permission to access email etc. You have to agree or it just won't work.

I set up Windows 10 Mail in this way 2 days ago, but if it's not working for you, then try choosing 'other' when adding  account and using Yahoo servers imap.mail.yahoo.com & smtp.mail.yahoo.com .

This message was authored by Lynn+Gibbs This message was authored by: Lynn+Gibbs

Oh thank God I'm not the only one who gets this message - this only started last week and I can't fix the issue

This message was authored by caesarome This message was authored by: caesarome

@Lynn+Gibbs wrote:

and I can't fix the issue

Have you not tried what has been posted above, and that is to delete the account and set it up selecting Yahoo as the email provider from the list provided ?

This message was authored by Lynn+Gibbs This message was authored by: Lynn+Gibbs

Turn off and on again fixed the issue - I deleted the account and then added again under Yahoo - thanks for the suggestion

DrDub
Topic Author
This message was authored by DrDub This message was authored by: DrDub

Hi

Firstly, sorry for late response, hectic week and I've only now tried to address this problem.

Thanks Caesarome, problem solved. 

I was following the instructions on the Sky web help which said to select Other, rather than Yahoo.  Maybe their help page needs updating?

I also tried calling the Sky helpline and the person I spoke to didn't understand what I was trying to achieve.

Thanks to all who responded.

This message was authored by maria+hardy This message was authored by: maria+hardy

I am having the exact same problem !!!! Have you found a solution yet? I had mine up and running but then it asked me for a password and it all went down hill from there !!

If you are having the same problem @maria+hardy  then the soloution wil be the same as posted above and that is to set it up and select Yahoo from the list of providers.

This message was authored by maria+hardy This message was authored by: maria+hardy

Thank you..... I will  try this. Do you know what the server address will be for the incoming and outgoing mail boxes?

They will be these:

Incoming:

imap.mail.yahoo.com 

Outgoing:

smtp.mail.yahoo.com .

Thank you !

This message was authored by zoar This message was authored by: zoar

@maria+hardy ,

If you are asked for server settings, then you are setting up Windows 10 Mail incorrectly and it won't work.

Delete the account and set it up again, selecting Yahoo  from the list of email providers.

When  prompted enter:

• Sky email address and Sky ID password
  • Agree to allowing Windows 10 Mail Access

If you don't go through that second step where you are prompted to allow access, it won't work.

There are no server settings to be entered; that's all done for you.

This message was authored by Naomi74 This message was authored by: Naomi74

Managed to get mail set up again on phone but no such luck on PC yet 😞

This message was authored by jayach This message was authored by: jayach

@Naomi74 

How are you trying to access your email on PC?

This discussion has been locked

Sorry, you can't reply to this discussion as it's been locked by our Community Managers.

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

New Discussion