Discussion topic: terrible wifi

This message was authored by Busterdog This message was authored by: Busterdog

terrible wifi

Hi.

Sorry if this has been posted onto anybody else's posts, (I think I did then found the new topic button) and now found the correct way to post a new topic.

I have a Sky Q router, our WiFi is terrible outside or inside our house, I have been told to install a high-gain external antenna, connect to an Asus router in my house then wire it to my Sky Q box, is this possible? would it improve my WiFi signal because we have to use a landline to have any sort of conversation on a phone? also if you try connecting anything to the router using wifi any further away than 7 feet away, like the small mini boxes to view a TV in the bedroom from the router or laptops it won't connect or it drops the signal all the time, normally it just won't connect. We would prefer to use our mobiles both inside and outside our house. Also, we have a house alarm that has outside cameras that we cannot use because they won't connect to wifi. If anyone can answer my question could you please reply in very simple terms as I am getting on a bit and not up on this sort of stuff? 

All Replies

This message was authored by Daniel0210 This message was authored by: Daniel0210

Re: terrible wifi

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Busterdog 

Your two duplicate posts have been removed. 

▪️I AM NOT A SKY EMPLOYEE ▪️
Sky customer since 2001
with: Sky Q | Sky Superfast Broadband | Sky Talk | Sky Mobile
NOTE: I only provide help on the forums and NOT via PM

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 4 hours

New Discussion