Discussion topic: sky superfast internet slow

This message was authored by michelle51 This message was authored by: michelle51

sky superfast internet slow

hi, my sky superfast has dropped to 12 mbs and under for the last few days. how do i go about claiming a refund and asking sky to resolve this. think it should be at least 20 mbs.

All Replies

This message was authored by GD1 This message was authored by: GD1

Re: sky superfast internet slow

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@michelle51   Please can you post your router stats so the forum can advise on any issues. This link explains how to do that https://helpforum.sky.com/t5/Broadband/How-to-find-your-Sky-Broadband-router-stats/td-p/2855717#

Like you I'm a customer here, Sky Employees are clearly identified as such.
43" Glass TV & Puck Whole Home
Please note I only provide help on the main forums and not via PM, PM's are switched off.

michelle51
Topic Author
This message was authored by michelle51 This message was authored by: michelle51

6020738A-5D74-4185-8C60-D421B08CC556.png

@GD1 

This message was authored by mae-3 This message was authored by: mae-3

@michelle51 

The router stats clearly show a fault on the broadband line and speed is low to the cabinet, and you should be able to either use the Sky App to do a line test or it should allow one to book an engineer to report the fault and get it fixed. Until you report the fault to Sky via the Sky App or directly by phone no engineer will be allocated to fix it and you won't get compensation.

-------

Zen internet on G.fast (250Mbps down, 50Mbps up). SAT> IP (Apple 4K 2nd gen TV to LG C1 OLED UHD TV/Dolby Atmos Denon AVR, DacMagic Plus for Hi-Res audio), hosting own blog/forum (cluster), OPNsense & Zenarmor L4/L7 NGFW & DPI IDS/IPS, Asus ET12 Pro Tri-Band wifi, Linux, Gamer: Xbox Series X/i7 laptop, round-robin DNS over HTTPS, non-proprietary VoIP HD AMR-WB (G.722.2) and more... Beta tester Apple iOS/watchOS/tvOS/iPadOS/macOS.
michelle51
Topic Author

When I do a test on the sky app is says my internet is good and no option to report a fault through the app or online.

This message was authored by mae-3 This message was authored by: mae-3

@michelle51 

Even though the Sky App picks up a few faults it isn't fallible and some faults and your broadband line has a fault that it hasn't found, and the fault will need to be reported to Sky directly by phone.

-------

Zen internet on G.fast (250Mbps down, 50Mbps up). SAT> IP (Apple 4K 2nd gen TV to LG C1 OLED UHD TV/Dolby Atmos Denon AVR, DacMagic Plus for Hi-Res audio), hosting own blog/forum (cluster), OPNsense & Zenarmor L4/L7 NGFW & DPI IDS/IPS, Asus ET12 Pro Tri-Band wifi, Linux, Gamer: Xbox Series X/i7 laptop, round-robin DNS over HTTPS, non-proprietary VoIP HD AMR-WB (G.722.2) and more... Beta tester Apple iOS/watchOS/tvOS/iPadOS/macOS.

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 4 hours

New Discussion