Discussion topic: no portforwarding option for SR213

This message was authored by vortex64 This message was authored by: vortex64

no portforwarding option for SR213

I have just set up the new sky SR213 router for sky wifi max, and when I went to the router settings via the browser, I discovered that the port forwarding settings had been 'moved to the app'. So I looked in the my sky app for this supposed new location for the port forwarding settings. However, I can't find them anywhere and I'm still stuck with the ports I had open on my old router being closed. Am I just blind and unable to find the setting, or is this a recurring problem?

All Replies

This message was authored by lettice This message was authored by: lettice

Re: no portforwarding option for SR213

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

As mentioned in the Sky help;

The Sky Max Hub doesn’t support DMZ or Port forwarding at the moment.

https://www.sky.com/help/articles/change-wifi-max-hub-settings

- - - - - - - -
Sky Community Superuser
Sky Stream (2 pucks), Sky Ultrafast + using Sky SR203 hub. Sky Protect kit tester.
This message was authored by Paul8888 This message was authored by: Paul8888

I've been trying to open a port for a while on my new sky max router and finally came across the comments above... will this be enabled to allow port forwarding? 

This message was authored by KevNewMedia This message was authored by: KevNewMedia

Posted by a Sky employee

Hi @vortex64 and @Paul8888 

As @lettice has mentioned, these two features aren't yet available, however they will be added in the future 👍

Thanks
Kev
Community Manager
This message was authored by MadnlooneyJR This message was authored by: MadnlooneyJR

So I've just been trying most of the day on and off to figure how to be able to join Xbox Live parties. Games install and it loads the store but trying to queue for matches or talk it doesn't allow. It comes back with Teredo IP not available. So I was looking around online and it suggested port forwarding which as listed above isn't supported. My only option that worked was allowing UPnP which having read about it seems to pose serious security risks. Having just moved to Sky from Virgin this past month due to change of adress I don't understand why there's been so many issues. In the first month I've had more interactions with the support staff than my decade with Virgin media. If anyone has any advice or can help me in any way I'd truly appreciate it as I'm not particularly knowledgeable in these areas. 

thanks 

This message was authored by jamesn123 This message was authored by: jamesn123

@MadnlooneyJR UPnP is enabled by default and isnt a security risk as such.

There should be no port forwarding/configuration required for you to be able to use your Xbox. 
How is it connected to the router? WiFi or Wired?

I am NOT a Sky Employee
Myself & Others offer our time to help others, please be respectful.
This message was authored by MadnlooneyJR This message was authored by: MadnlooneyJR

Thanks for responding it's via Wi-Fi and prior to needing to add a Wi-Fi booster it worked but would drop connection hence the need for the booster. Ever since the booster has been placed it doesn't seem to allow chat functionality at all. All other systems appear to work fine I can see others online and make purchases and downloads. So I'm not sure if the booster is affecting it or not.

Thanks for the response and apologies for my delay in responding.

@MadnlooneyJR 

It does indeed sound like it could be the booster causing the problem. Are you able to try without it? Either via direct WiFi again or ethernet?

I am NOT a Sky Employee
This message was authored by CPG64 This message was authored by: CPG64

Kev,
I've just moved to Sky and have got the Max Hub (SR213)

You state that Port Forwarding  & DMZ functionality will be added in the future.

Do you know if there is any timescale for this upgrade?

Regards,

Colin

@CPG64 

Sky have not announced a timescale AFAIK

I am NOT a Sky Employee

James,
Thanks for the update. The help team at Sky could not help either. Nor could they swap out my Max router, for the older 'Broadband' router.
So, I'm afraid I'll have to look for another ISP 😞

This message was authored by TimmyBGood This message was authored by: TimmyBGood

@CPG64 wrote:

Nor could they swap out my Max router, for the older 'Broadband' router.

I'd think they should be able to do so by removing the 'Max' add-on, but the default would then be a Q Hub unless 'Broadband Boost' was added (or the connection technology requires a Broadband Hub)

Sky Glass 55" (on ethernet) & two Stream Pucks (one ethernet / one WiFi)
BT Halo 3+ Ultrafast FTTP (500Mbs), BT Smart Hub 2

Timmy,

I thought that as well, but sadly no. It would just just remove the WiFi Max guarantee. They would not let me have an old 'Broadband' router.

The only way thay said they could do it was to cancel my current contract and then apply for a new one. However, this might mean up to 2 wekks without any service.

Shame the processes are so inflexible.

@CPG64 

You have a right to cancel within your cooling off period so I am not sure what Sky are playing at. The whole Sky Max release has been an utter shambles IMO. 

I am NOT a Sky Employee
This message was authored by Spudmonkey5 This message was authored by: Spudmonkey5

I have the same problem where  i cannot port forward and i need to be able to do this.. cant connect to friends on xbox ... this needs sorting fast !

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 4 hours

New Discussion