Discussion topic: laptop demands network security key

This message was authored by bundly-wundly This message was authored by: bundly-wundly

laptop demands network security key

In our house four people have eight devices connected to the wifi - four smartphones and four laptops.

Long ago I changed the wifi password which was a jumble of letters and numbers nobody could ever remember, to  simple phrase we all remember.

Now, out of the blue, one of my lodgers' laptops is demanding a "network security key" be input.  He's looked all over the router and there is no such thing.

From searching on here I find that network security key just means password. But every time he inputs the password, the laptop asks him for a network security key.

He has asked me to re-set the router, thinking this will solve his problem. However, surely that means the router will default back to its factory settings and give me once again a long password nobody can remember, and then I will want to change it back to the easy phrase, and again he won't be able to log in?

Please help!

All Replies

This message was authored by Lisa-P1987 This message was authored by: Lisa-P1987

Re: laptop demands network security key

Posted by a Sky employee

The best thing to do would be to reset the hub anyway just to make sure nothing is wrong with it. And then once you're connected with the long wifi password on the router, you can log into the router page and change the password again. 

Thanks

Lisa - Sky Tech Team Expert

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 4 hours

New Discussion