Discussion topic: i have the new white sky max hub, how do i access its settings?

This message was authored by Psyclepath This message was authored by: Psyclepath

i have the new white sky max hub, how do i access its settings?

as said i have the new white sky max hub, however i cant access it via smart device due to not haveing a compatiple device.
and 192.168.0.1 doesnt work.

sky cust service is baffled. any ideas?

All Replies

This message was authored by TimmyBGood This message was authored by: TimmyBGood

Re: i have the new white sky max hub, how do i access its settings?

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Psyclepath 

Administration of the Max Hub and associated services is largely through the My Sky app: if you don't have a device to host the app then the Max hardware is unlikely to be suitable for your needs.

Sky Glass 55" (on ethernet) & two Stream Pucks (one ethernet / one WiFi)
BT Halo 3+ Ultrafast FTTP (500Mbs), BT Smart Hub 2
This message was authored by GD1 This message was authored by: GD1

@Psyclepath  You use the MySky app to access the new hub settings.  https://www.sky.com/help/home/broadband/sky-broadband-equipment/sky-hub/sky-max-hub-settings/article...

Like you I'm a customer here, Sky Employees are clearly identified as such.
43" Glass TV & Puck Whole Home
Please note I only provide help on the main forums and not via PM, PM's are switched off.

Psyclepath
Topic Author
This message was authored by Psyclepath This message was authored by: Psyclepath

i have an i9 3070ti pc, a wireless vr hub and soon a vr treadmil. im pretty tech savy, i just dont like smartphones.

the hub IS needed as my vr settup and my game parties require wifi 6 speeds

Psyclepath
Topic Author

i am unable to utilise the app as my android device is 7.0 and minimum is 8.0 i cant install the app on my phone

This message was authored by TimmyBGood This message was authored by: TimmyBGood

@Psyclepath 

As I said, the Hub was fundamentally designed for app administration from a mobile device.  It should be accessible by IP address, but there's a very limited range of settings available there.

All ISPs are moving to in-app settings because it's increasingly difficult to get a web browser to talk to hardware which has a self-signed SSL certificate (and, frankly, it's what customers now expect)

@Psyclepath 

In theory it should be possible to use an Android emulator on that PC to host the My Sky app, but I've no idea if it will work.

Psyclepath
Topic Author

it does.. good idea, also am i wrong or are they asking for extra money to give me perental controls?

@Psyclepath 

Parental Controls are a feature of the WiFi Max subscription supplement, so yes, there's typically an extra cost.  The Max service is different to the Max Hub itself (and includes, for example, loan of the Max booster 'pods')

Psyclepath
Topic Author

these fetures they are wanting extra money for come standard with most routers, its really greedy

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 4 hours

New Discussion