fibre router question

Answered
Go to Answer
Highlighted
Camera Assistant
Post 1 of 8

fibre router question

I am just upgrading from Sky Broadband to Sky Fibre

Can I still use the original Sky router (with 4 ports) or do you have to use the new Sky Q hub (2 ports)?

Answer

Best Answers
Answer
Camera Assistant
Post 4 of 8

Re: fibre router question

@GavinM If it is white then you cant unfortunately as it doesnt have the correct modem tech in it

All Replies
Oracle
Post 2 of 8

@GavinM It depends on which original Sky router you have, if it is a black square one(SR102) then you can use that on Fibre if you want instead of the Q hub, if your current router is white and square or a non Sky brand(such as Sagecom)then they won't work on Fibre.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Oracles are not Sky employees, we are just customers and will not be able to assist with account or billing issues.
Camera Assistant
Post 3 of 8

current router is one of the square white ones (Like the one on the banner above, only white)

Answer
Camera Assistant
Post 4 of 8

@GavinM If it is white then you cant unfortunately as it doesnt have the correct modem tech in it

Camera Assistant
Post 5 of 8

thanks, looks like I'll have to get a switch Smiley Sad

Camera Assistant
Post 6 of 8

@GavinM If you really didnt want to buy a switch you could use your old white router as a switch if you connect it to your new Sky router but that would mean a lot of config changes and dealing with double NAT on the wired devices so I wouldnt recommend it for the sake of a £15 switch

Oracle
Post 7 of 8

@GavinM If you really want to keep using the white Sky router you can but you would need to purchase an Openreach HG612 3B VDSL modem in order to do so.

There are quite a few available on a well know online auction site.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Oracles are not Sky employees, we are just customers and will not be able to assist with account or billing issues.
Camera Assistant
Post 8 of 8

@daveNOS Although end up being a lot more than a simple switch Smiley Very Happy

Recommended Threads
28-05-2018 12:38 PM
11-06-2018 02:59 PM
21-03-2018 12:04 PM
08-03-2018 08:14 PM
13-04-2018 08:19 PM