Discussion topic: Wifi only works in one Room

This message was authored by Isaac+gant This message was authored by: Isaac+gant

Wifi only works in one Room

Just received my wifi and my go Live date is today and it only works in one upstairs bedroom then cuts off. I can't even connect to my main telly downstairs???

All Replies

This message was authored by Chrisee This message was authored by: Chrisee

Re: Wifi only works in one Room

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Isaac+gant wifi signals are attenuated by solid objects and blocked by metal so check that the hub is not blocked by being under or behind something like that, placing it on a shelf often helps. Sky hubs dont have the best wifi but normally should provide usable signal 2 or 3 rooms away unless your home has solid walls so if you live in an older property that could be the issue. This help,page gives more ideas Sky Help - Slow wifi

There is a wide range of devices that can get the connection to areas in your home that free ISP provided router's wifi cant reach. The cost can be considerable but powerline adapters are one idea especially if you want to stream video as that use is very sensitive to signal issues. Those units come in kits and use the properties mains wiring. 

=========================================================
65inch Sky Glass, 3 Sky Streaming Pucks, Sky Ultrafast + and Sky SR213(white Wifi Max hub) main Wifi from 3 TP-Link Deco M4 units in access point mode

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 4 hours

New Discussion