Discussion topic: Wifi disconnects every few days over night

This message was authored by JamesC80 This message was authored by: JamesC80

Wifi disconnects every few days over night

Something is happening overnight every few days. All connected devices (Mobile, Security Camera, Laptop) all have been disconnected in the morning. 

When looking at the router its 'online' with no warning lights and appears to be functional, however if i try to reconnect my phone for example it will not connect until i have powered off the router and switched back on.

Its becomming a problem (Mainly the security camera) and not something i had any issues with when i was with my previous providor.

I did read of others who had Sky Q boxes having issues, but I dont have one, just the router and Sky Stream 'Puck'

All Replies

This message was authored by Chrisee This message was authored by: Chrisee

Re: Wifi disconnects every few days over night

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@JamesC80 loss of connectivity overnight is not unusual as that is when network operatirs like Openreach do their maintanance and upgrade work. However tge hub should reconnect on its own when the line comes back up though which is a little odd.

=========================================================
65inch Sky Glass, 3 Sky Streaming Pucks, Sky Ultrafast + and Sky SR213(white Wifi Max hub) main Wifi from 3 TP-Link Deco M4 units in access point mode
JamesC80
Topic Author
This message was authored by JamesC80 This message was authored by: JamesC80

As you say, its not so much that it drops as understand maintaince may take plave (Rather over night that during day when im working from home) its very annoying that everything doesnt reconnect without a reboot though.... Maybe a call to Sky Tech support will shead some light.

This message was authored by Anonymous This message was authored by: Anonymous

I ad a similar issue. Have you checked in settings whether your main box is set to Active rather than Eco? To check, go to settings, select setup, then select preferences then change Eco to Active. This problem usually happens in the early hours of the morning. Eco is designed to save you money by switching off the main Skybox.

This message was authored by Daniel0210 This message was authored by: Daniel0210

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Anonymous 

That won't be the case with the issue the OP was having. Their first post states they don't have a Sky Q box. 

▪️I AM NOT A SKY EMPLOYEE ▪️
Sky customer since 2001
with: Sky Q | Sky Superfast Broadband | Sky Talk | Sky Mobile
NOTE: I only provide help on the forums and NOT via PM

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 4 hours

New Discussion