Discussion topic: Wi-Fi doesn’t reach back of the house

This message was authored by Lnial1 This message was authored by: Lnial1

Wi-Fi doesn’t reach back of the house

Hi!

we have a very long house and the wifi router had to go right at the front by the window so the Wi-Fi doesn't reach the back of the house, kitchen and bathroom areas & the upstairs back room. We were told at the installation that we can contact and get a free booster but I cannot see any way of doing this without paying to call them. My app tester keeps saying there is no problems with the broadband yet I'm having to use the app via 4G as the Wi-Fi doesn't reach 

All Replies

This message was authored by MBate This message was authored by: MBate

Re: Wi-Fi doesn’t reach back of the house

We have a very large old house and our sky q system you put in a booster to help,we have change to sky puk and we are having problems with the TV's freezing or not working in the kitchen and main room ,I have reset puk and router as per the online help but still the same issues, when this happened with sky q you sent the engineer with a booster who set up the system by placing the booster in the best place via his pad 

This message was authored by TimmyBGood This message was authored by: TimmyBGood

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Lnial1 wrote:

We were told at the installation that we can contact and get a free booster but I cannot see any way of doing this without paying to call them. 

You have to call: with Sky Broadband calls to 150 from a Sky landline are free.

Sky loans wireless booster hardware free under the terms of the 'WiFi Guarantee' element of 'Broadband Boost' and the 'Enhanced Wall to Wall WiFi Guarantee' part of the 'WiFi Max' subscription supplement: they don't otherwise provide or sell them except to resolve issues with Sky Q. Inevitably some have leaked onto a certain auction site, but Sky won't offer support with using these. 

Confusingly the 'Wall to Wall WiFi Guarantee' doesn't actually provide booster hardware, and is essentially a sales lead generator for the supplements mentioned above.

Sky Glass 55" (on ethernet) & two Stream Pucks (one ethernet / one WiFi)
BT Halo 3+ Ultrafast FTTP (500Mbs), BT Smart Hub 2
This message was authored by TimmyBGood This message was authored by: TimmyBGood

@MBate wrote:

when this happened with sky q you sent the engineer with a booster who set up the system by placing the booster in the best place via his pad 

Sky Stream doesn't have that option.

So how will I get the sky stream to work where it worked before ? 

@MBate 

You'll need to make your own arrangements: presumably Sky would like you to be using their broadband with one of the extra cost add-ons that facilitate loan of booster hardware.

I have sky broadband had it for go knows how many years 

Switched to the new sky puc system and the broadband tv are rubbish lack of signal the only tv that works is where the router is 

Didn't have this issue with sky and muktibixes and broadband 

@MBate 

When you had Sky Q, the television boxes and Q booster formed a wireless mesh system which other devices could use.

Sky Glass and Stream just doesn't have that functionality.

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 4 hours

New Discussion