Discussion topic: Why is the status page so bad?

This message was authored by Leviathan This message was authored by: Leviathan

Why is the status page so bad?

Hi, there's an outage in my area, the line test confirms this, other folks in the area are also down, yet the service status page says all is well and provides zero information. This is utterly and completely appalling, has anyone else found this issue happening to them? It is beyond frustrating, I've found myself having to look at other companies pages to get any info at all. It's affecting multiple towns so it's not even a small outage!

All Replies

This message was authored by Chrisee This message was authored by: Chrisee

Re: Why is the status page so bad?

Posted by a Superuser, not a Sky employee. Find out more

@Leviathan you are 100% correct for whatever reason Sky's status page is pretty useless. It only ever shows major outages within Sky's own networks and often doesnt do that too well.  It's an issue that has been going on for years and I am sure the forum support team are sick of moans from the Superusers and forum Oracles.

The status page very rarely ever picks up details of outages in the Openreach network - from the exchange to your home. This is why myself and the other forum regulars tend to recommend the connection test which has multiple advantages in that it can offer to book an engineers check if it finds a likely fault. It is actually a really useful bit of functionality.

=========================================================
65inch Sky Glass, 3 Sky Streaming Pucks, Sky Ultrafast + and Sky SR213(white Wifi Max hub) main Wifi from 3 TP-Link Deco M4 units in access point mode
Leviathan
Topic Author
This message was authored by Leviathan This message was authored by: Leviathan

Re: Why is the status page so bad?

Okay, thanks for the info 😊

Was this discussion not helpful?

No problem. Browse or search to find help, or start a new discussion on Community.

Start a new discussion

On average, new discussions are replied to by our users within 4 hours

New Discussion